Meghan, who is expecting her first baby with Harry due in the spring, has reportedly not spoken to her father since the night before her wedding, after the palace announced he would not be attending the wedding after he was caught staging paparazzi photos.
"I think if you put any family under the microscope you will find weird dynamics that could make headlines, but fundamentally I think they are a really lovely couple", she said.
In an interview with the tabloid, the 52-year-old admitted that he hopes Meghan and Harry will accept the invitation and that the wedding will bring his family closer together after a whirlwind of turmoil.
A supposed source said: "Doria was very happy when the royals were rolling out the red carpet for her daughter, but if she feels they're mistreating her in any way she'll come flying to her defense with all guns blazing". Double check. And now, the Duchess of Sussex has gifted us with other head-turning news.
"I'm very upset by the criticism Meghan is getting", he added.
Harry and Meghan will make several stops during their trip to the North West town - firstly to Hamilton Square to view a new sculpture erected in November to mark the 100th anniversary of poet and soldier Wilfred Owen's death. "I don't think she deserves it and I don't think she is doing one-third of the things she is being accused of doing".
"I thought he was completely insane", she said. "How can I help you?'"
- CES 2019: Samsung Expand 'Connected Car' With HARMAN
- Ryder Cup 2020: Five contenders for US captaincy
- French official due to lead 'yellow vests' debate quits in pay furore
- Andy Murray to retire this year
- DR Congo's Catholic Church says its election tally shows different victor
- Clemson intercepts Tua Tagovailoa twice in first half of action-packed championship
- Kelly Manager For Threatening Victims Father
- De Blasio announces health care coverage for all New Yorkers
- National Basketball Association reviewing McCaw's short stay with Cavs
- Meghan Markle Jokes About Woman Rejecting Her Handbag She Donated to Charity