The Minnesota Timberwolves have chose to fire Tom Thibodeau.
Regarded as one the best defensive minds in the National Basketball Association, Thibodeau had no problem landing another coaching gig.
In an official statement, owner, Glen Taylor said, "We would like to thank Tom for his efforts and wish him the best".
Assistant coach Ryan Saunders will assume the role of the interim head coach for the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
CEO Ethan Casson and general manager Scott Layden fired Thibodeau in the coach's office immediately after the 108-86 home win.
"I'm hurt because Thibs is not here", Rose said.
Thibodeau took over in Minnesota in April 2016. "If we want to make the playoffs this year, I have to make a move, '" Hine explained.
"The results are that I don't think we should've lost against Phoenix or Detroit or New Orleans or Atlanta", Taylor said.
Hoiberg had an average coaching record of 115-155 across four years in the helm of the Bulls. It's already been a whirlwind of a season thanks to Sunday's firing of Thibodeau and the Jimmy Butler trade on November 12.
The Wolves are said to be in search for a long-term candidate for the coaching job, and Wojnarowski reports that former Chicago Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg and ESPN analyst Chauncey Billups are considered for the vacancy.
Saunders said he hasn't given any thought to changing the starting lineup or rotations or even adding an assistant, instead focusing exclusively on making a smooth transition to head coach and making his players' lives easier.
The Timberwolves will face the Thunder in Oklahoma City on Tuesday.
- Jurgen Klopp defends changes as Wolves knock Liverpool out of FA Cup
- US official says China trade talks ‘went just fine’
- Brendan Rodgers: Celtic boss looks for more signings for 'tight' title race
- Season Wild Card Schedule
- R. Kelly under Investigation following Lifetime's Documentary
- PM Imran congratulates India on historic Test series win in Australia
- Pep Guardiola taken aback by Manchester City annihilation of Burton
- Federer breaks down in attractive tribute to late coach
- Queen tweets heartwarming Golden Globes post with Rami Malek
- French official due to lead 'yellow vests' debate quits in pay furore