The Fulton County District Attorney's Office in Georgia has asked attorney Gerald Griggs, who represents one of the women featured in the series, Jocelyn Savage, for a list of witnesses and phone numbers related to events that were alleged to have occurred at Kelly's home in Johns Creek, Georgia, in 2017, a spokesperson for Griggs' law office told TIME.
Singer R. Kelly is reportedly being investigated in multiple jurisdictions following the release of a Lifetime docuseries, "Surviving R. Kelly", which explores allegations that the Grammy victor sexually abused several victims over a span of decades.
Foxx called a press conference to make it known that she is willing to look into opening an investigation, but needs the unknown accusers and their families to come forward.
Timothy Savage told an officer on January 3 that Don Russell had texted him saying it would be best for him and his family if the documentary didn't air, according to a Henry County police report. Russell allegedly sent text messages the morning of the premiere of "Surviving R. Kelly" that read "it would be best for him and his family if the documentary does not air".
On Tuesday, Foxx reached out to any potential victims of Kelly to come forward. The Savages say they haven't heard from Joycelyn in two years. We're told investigators have also made contact with R. Kelly's camp. But there is no arrest warrant for Kelly and no criminal investigation into him by Chicago authorities, police said.
He then went on to suggest that Kelly would "go away" and his music would be less popular if people stopped talking about him. "I'm gonna do harm to you and your family, when I see you I'm gonna get you, I'm going to f***ing kill you", Timothy revealed what James Mason told him.
When the warrant was issued in July, the judge cited "terroristic threats and acts".
"As a victim of sexual assault myself, I made both the song and video at a dark time in my life, my intention was to create something extremely defiant and provocative because I was angry and still hadn't processed the trauma that had occurred in my own life", she wrote.
The "Ignition (Remix)" singer, 52, has been in a bit of an ongoing battle with the studio's management, which is located on the West Side of Chicago.
- Federer breaks down in attractive tribute to late coach
- Season Wild Card Schedule
- PM Imran congratulates India on historic Test series win in Australia
- British parliament orders May government to come up with Brexit plan B
- Pep Guardiola taken aback by Manchester City annihilation of Burton
- US official says China trade talks ‘went just fine’
- AMD announces Radeon VII graphics: Zen 2 on track
- Queen tweets heartwarming Golden Globes post with Rami Malek
- LG Says Price Could Be a Hurdle for Its Rollable TV
- R. Kelly under Investigation following Lifetime's Documentary