Here's a first look.
"A production version of this concept would be exhilarating in many different ways", said Tadao Mori, chief designer of the LC convertible concept. In fact, it's one of the better coupe-to-convertible progressions we've seen of late-though full praise for the look may need to be held until we've seen the auto with the top up.
Toyota's luxury brand won raves when it revealed the LC Coupe concept a few years back, and generated even more praise when it translated the show vehicle into a production model.
Described as "an aspirational halo vehicle for the luxury lifestyle brand's entire vehicle line-up", the LC Convertible concept looks pretty much production-ready - blending the attractive proportions of the LC coupe with roofless elegance.
Unlike the ungainly Lexus SC convertible that vanished with barely a whimper in 2010 after an eight-year run, the new LC concept eschews a foldable hardtop for a conventional soft roof that better allows it to retain the basic shape of the coupe model. You'll notice that all three of those cars have cabrio variants by now, so a drop-top version of the LC was perhaps overdue. It combines Japanese aesthetics with the promise of the kind of driving experience that only a convertible can provide.
What this all means is that Lexus is thinking about a convertible LC.
Even if this concept is little more than an LC Coupe with its roof lopped off, the result is still very pretty. From the comfort of its tailored seats to the feel of every switch and button, everything about this LC is created to make even the most common trip feel like an occasion. Another obvious difference is the 22-inch wheels instead of 20-inch serial "dvuhdverki".
On the inside, the concept features a mix of white leather seats and a black dashboard.
Also in Detroit, Lexus will unveil the RC F Track Edition as a more hardcore version of its already sporty coupe.
Since its debut in 1989, Lexus has earned a worldwide reputation for high-quality products and exemplary customer service.
Lexus describes it as its "aspirational, halo vehicle".
- Motive for slaying of California policewoman still a mystery
- Stay strong! - Djokovic hails 'brave' Murray as retirement looms
- 'Game of Thrones' Final Season Premiere Date Revealed
- "Stratospheric" Messi scores 400th La Liga goal in Barca win
- Sooners QB Kyler Murray asks A's for $15 million
- Yankees Sign Infielder, Appear to be Out on Machado
- Dead and 14 Hospitalized from Apparent Overdose in Chico
- R Kelly denies all allegations of sexual misconduct and abusive treatment
- Man who killed officer said he was hit by ultrasonic waves
- Investigators piece together what happened in 3 months of Jayme Closs' captivity