But that changes with LG's new rollable TV, which the company introduced yesterday at CES 2019 in Las Vegas. After it showed off its rollable, futuristic OLED TV, LG has another feast for the eyes with its "LG OLED Falls" display, which features 260 LG OLED digital signage screens, in curved and flat configurations.
Line View allows the TV to be partially unrolled, allowing for management of specific tasks that do not require the full TV screen.
The new Smart rollable TV is named as LG Signature OLED TV R (model 65R9).
Nowadays, more and more TV manufacturers are adopting chip technology to improve image quality.
"A rollable TV is basically an OLED TV and it doesn't add material costs, but changing the operating mechanism could add to the costs", LG Electronics President Kwon Bong-seok said at a press conference.
In addition to the 88-inch display, the company also showcased a 65-inch 8K OLED display, a variant with 4K OLED with world's fastest motion picture response time of 3.5ms.
The tech firm wrote: 'LG has created a TV with a display that seems to magically appear and disappear, a revolutionary innovation that seems to defy logic.
LG's new OLED TV R's base also rocks a hefty 100W Dolby Atmos speaker rig, and are reportedly about as good as a good soundbar.
LG said the Signature TV is powered by its second-generation Alpha 9 processor and deep learning algorithm. "It is meaningful that we showed how far displays have evolved".
With support for AirPlay 2, users can easily play videos from iTunes and other video apps, music, photos and directly from their Apple devices to their LG SIGNATURE OLED TV R. With Apple HomeKit support, customers will be able to control their LG TV using the Home app or by asking Siri.
- R. Kelly under Investigation following Lifetime's Documentary
- Season Wild Card Schedule
- Chelsea make a move for Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain
- US official says China trade talks ‘went just fine’
- Federer breaks down in attractive tribute to late coach
- Bayern confirm Pavard deal
- Queen tweets heartwarming Golden Globes post with Rami Malek
- AMD announces Radeon VII graphics: Zen 2 on track
- PM Imran congratulates India on historic Test series win in Australia
- Salah named 2018 CAF African Footballer of the Year