The man, who was identified as Roberto Daniel Arroyo, 33, was caught on video early Saturday at a residence in the 400 block of Hyde Street, said Miguel Cabrera, a spokesman for the Salinas Police Department.
The incident occurred Friday, Jan. 4 around 2 a.m.
Dungan, and his wife, Sylvia Dungan, were out of town at the time, but their kids were home.
It is totally legal for you to lick your own doorbell for three hours.
Arroyo is said to have gone to a neighbor's house as well.
"This individual is quite disturbing".
Salinas police say they were able to identify the suspect thanks to the clear image taken by the surveillance camera. He has not yet been located. Arroyo also appeared on camera relieving himself on the property and at one point seems to lie down to sleep.
Sylvia Dungan, "doorbell licker victim", told Kion: "I thought, boy there's a lot of traffic".
Dungan said, "This just kind of re-enforces how important it is to have security within your home".
And neighbor Francisco Estrada was also shocked by the odd display, telling the station: 'I thought I'd seen it all, but this takes the cake'.
Needless to say, the homeowners wiped off their doorbell after they found out what happened. He's also facing a charge of theft after police accused him of stealing Christmas light extension cords at the Salinas home.
- Buccaneers hire Arians as head coach
- U.S. Commerce secretary
- Woman in Vegetative State Gives Birth in Long-Term Care Facility
- Woman dies after being found unconscious in clothing donation bin
- LG, Sony, and Vizio announce TVs with AirPlay 2 support
- Pep Guardiola responds to Liverpool fans' conspiracy theory
- Russian lawyer at Trump Tower meeting charged in separate case
- Tennis Lesia Tsurenko upsets Naomi Osaka in Brisbane International semifinal
- Michigan man pleads guilty to 6 murders in 2016
- Ferrari replaces Arrivabene with Binotto as team principal