"I think that it only has ever been radicals that have changed this country", she explained "Abraham Lincoln made the radical decision to sign the Emancipation Proclamation".
As a high-profile working-class woman of colour whose very presence in the Capitol upsets the status quo, Ocasio-Cortez is constantly scrutinised.
The New York lawmaker, who rose to prominence past year after beating a 10-term incumbent in a Democratic primary, posted on Twitter on Friday a brief video of herself dancing outside of her office with a huge grin while the song "War" by Edwin Starr is heard playing in the background. The clip, which appears to have been released as an attempted right-wing smear campaign, shows her doing dance moves from The Breakfast Club to the tune of Phoenix's "Lisztomania". Twitter received the dancing video with delight, most people praising it an example of her joyful character. The video was made when she was a student at Boston University, and actually has been posted on YouTube since 2010.
Her response stems from footage unearthed from her college days, advanced by some rightward voices on social media, to try to disparage or embarrass her. Ocasio-Cortez tangled with House minority whip Steve Scalise on Twitter Saturday, who she questioned for not knowing "how marginal tax rates work". What right-wing Twitter trolls do not get about Ocasio-Cortez is that her supporters want her to be human.
"I got your back", she added, "The Bronx and Detroit ride together".
"It's a policy nobody has ever implemented, aside from ... the United States, for 35 years after World War II - including the most successful period of economic growth in our history", he writes.
Warren said her mother's minimum-wage job saved her family when Warren was a child, and enabled Warren's career as a teacher, professor and now senator considering a presidential run.
While newly minted House member Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's "Green New Deal" seems like a fanciful propostion, it tells us exactly the direction that Democrats and globalists wish to take America in the near future.
Eddie Scarry, a media reporter for The Washington Examiner, posted a photo of Ocasio-Cortez walking down a hallway alongside a caption that read, "Hill staffer sent me this pic of Ocasio-Cortez they took just now".
- Tahith Chong proud to make Manchester United debut vs Reading
- China lands spacecraft on ‘dark’ side of moon in world first
- New Windows 10 build silences Cortana, brings passwordless accounts
- The CW greenlights Batwoman pilot starring Ruby Rose
- Warren's Debut Trip To Iowa Ignites Voter Passion
- McDonald’s employee attacked over a straw
- R.Kelly Allegedly Raped a Teenage Aaliyah On a Tour Bus
- U.S. officials head to China for high-level trade talks next week - Beijing
- Tax refunds could be delayed due to government shutdown
- Markets Right Now: Stocks slide after Apple sees China slump