Effectively, the third seed in the NFC beat the Cowboys at their own game with the bye week to prepare.
The Cowboys lost to the Rams, 30-22.
The Rams now must wait to see who they'll face next weekend in the NFC Championship Game. Losing one on a odd call like this was a blow Dallas never had a chance to recover from. Though limited as a passer in 2018, Dak Prescott was able to pull out some important plays for the Cowboys this season and looks like the team's franchise quarterback.
The Rams are one win away from another Super Bowl trip after McVay's high-flying, inventive offense largely kept it on the ground, methodically punishing the Cowboys' run defense.
"They are a good defense", Cowboys center Joe Looney said. It was the most rushing yards the Cowboys' defense has given up in a game this season. "They came out and played and they won today". Obviously, Peters didn't take too kindly to those words from Cooper, who ended up with six catches for 65 yards and a touchdown. Bowing out in the divisional round for the second time in three seasons, adjustments to both the coaching staff and roster are needed for this team to take the next step.
The Cowboys started a potential game-tying drive late in the third quarter, but Elliott was stopped on fourth down from the Rams' 35-yard line on the first play of the fourth quarter. Win or lose you make this job fun.
- China moon machines snap striking pictures of each other
- Trump under fresh scrutiny over relationship with Putin
- Investigators piece together what happened in 3 months of Jayme Closs' captivity
- Yankees Sign Infielder, Appear to be Out on Machado
- Meghan Markle’s Half Brother Arrested
- Billions of white dwarf stars are crystallising, say astronomers
- R Kelly denies all allegations of sexual misconduct and abusive treatment
- Graham says Trump isn't giving in on border wall
- More snow to fall Friday night
- US Exit from Syria Starts with Equipment, Not Troops