Brazilian playmaker Philippe Coutinho has found life a bit hard at the Nou Camp this season amidst a run of poor form which has seen him lose his place in Ernesto Valverde's starting lineup but it would be a huge mistake to write him off yet because the attacker still has a lot to offer. "It was a tough match the other day in which we lost, sure, but has to help us take a step forward".
It was also Messi's league-leading 17th league goal and his 23rd goal overall this season.
Suarez had given Barca the lead in the 19th minute by completing a superb team move involving Messi and his former Liverpool team mate Philippe Coutinho, who returned to the starting line up for the first time in four league games.
He said: "Personally, I see it hard for him to return, but in football I've seen a hundred thousand things".
Erick Cabaco opened scoring for the hosts as early as the fourth minute of the encounter with Ruben Rochina claiming the assist for the goal.
The Argentinian's first shot produced the goal. Coutinho to Suarez to Messi.
That being said, let Coutinho leave would be a massive mistake.
Not including staying at Barcelona, United are clear favourites to acquire his services ahead the likes of Tottenham, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Napoli.
Elsewhere, Inaki Williams struck in either half as improving Athletic Bilbao beat third-placed Sevilla 2-0 at San Mames.
However, he has found life more hard in his second season and has started only one of Barca's last five fixtures: the 1-1 draw at home to Tottenham in December when coach Ernesto Valverde picked a weakened XI with first place in the group already secured. They will meet again on Wednesday in Seville in the return leg of their round-of-16 game.
- Investigators piece together what happened in 3 months of Jayme Closs' captivity
- Huawei: Searches and arrests of counterintelligence in Poland
- Donations to border wall GoFundMe to be refunded
- Billions of white dwarf stars are crystallising, say astronomers
- While You Were in Shul: Israel Attacked Iranian Warehouse in Damascus
- Megyn Kelly Is Officially Out at NBC
- Meghan Markle’s Half Brother Arrested
- China moon machines snap striking pictures of each other
- A Massive Winter Storm Blankets Parts Of The US, Kills Five
- Bayern disrespecting Chelsea over Hudson-Odoi pursuit - Sarri