Ruby Rose's debut as Kate Kane during the CW's Elseworlds event past year was undeniably interesting-but the question it left everyone with was whether the network would ultimately end up moving forward with its potential plans to give the character her own Batwoman spinoff in the future.
If the Batwoman series eventually gets ordered to series for the 2019-2020 TV season, it will join a slate of DC universe projects now airing on The CW, including "Arrow", "The Flash", "Supergirl", "Legends of Tomorrow" and "Black Lightning".
The upcoming show is being viewed by many as a milestone for comic book-related television, as BATWOMAN stands to become the first-ever superhero series featuring a lesbian lead - and played by Ruby Rose no less, who is an openly gay actress and very vocal advocate for the LGBTQA community in Hollywood.
Written by Caroline Dries and produced by Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions, Batwoman will see Rose reprising the role of Kate Kane and is being viewed as a potential series for the 2019-2020 season.
Upon being cast as Batwoman, Ruby Rose ended up quitting Twitter after facing harassment and bullying by many.
Some fans, however, were quick to point out that the character of Kane is canonically Jewish (which Rose is not), even going so far as to briefly circulate the hashtag #KeepKateJewish.
Speaking with Jimmy Fallon on his late night talk show back in August, Rose could barely contain her excitement - or, for that matter, her tears of joy - over her casting. I'm also an emotional wreck. because this is a childhood dream. I strongly recommend that you seek it out.
- State AGs Appeal Ruling That Could End Obamacare
- Tax refunds could be delayed due to government shutdown
- Flu cases surge: What you need to know to stay healthy
- Home teams the favourites on NFL Wild Card weekend odds
- China prepares mission to land spacecraft on moon's far side
- NASA shares first close-up images of distant Ultima Thule
- Du Plessis ton puts South Africa in commanding position
- James Harden's Clutch Three Closes Out Wild Game Between Rockets and Warriors
- Madonna Addresses Butt Implant Rumors
- Bisping Details Off-Air Fight With Jon Jones