The royal dad visited the Royal London Hospital and was announced as the patron of the air ambulance's anniversary campaign on Wednesday, which happens to be his wife Kate Middleton's 37th birthday.
The announcement added that he "will champion those working on the frontline, and highlight the importance of the London Air Ambulance's vital work".
After the royal unveiled a lovely plaque to commemorate the charity's 30 anniversary campaign - of which William is a new patron - two adorable kids presented him with some gifts.
The visit, at the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, will be his first official engagement of 2019.
The group gave William a card for his wife's birthday, which was made by a group of children, according to the U.K.'s Hello magazine. "I did remember this morning, so I was ok". They celebrated with the Middleton family at their home (and William even spent the night!).
To mark the LAA's anniversary today, the service's chief pilot, Neil Jeffers, 47, flew one of their MD 902 Explorer helicopters to Kensington Palace to collect the second in line to the throne. On Wednesday, January 9, the Duke of Cambridge traveled to London's Air Ambulance Charity for a special day out. The royal dad was also grateful to receive a toy helicopter for he and Kate's five-year-old son, George. Almost 20-years after the paparazzi-induced death of William's late mother, the prince released a statement via Clarence House encouraging the press to leave his girlfriend alone.
And it's no doubt that this campaign or line of work is close to William's heart, as he operated as an East Anglian Air Ambulance pilot from 2015 to 201. "You're always dealing with despair and sadness and injury. The attrition builds up and you don't really have the opportunity to off-load it".
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Feels 'Comfortable' Enough To Step Back Into Spotlight!
- Salah named 2018 CAF African Footballer of the Year
- Google Assistant is coming to Google Maps
- Kevin Hart Is ‘Done’ Talking About His Oscars Controversy: ‘I’m Over It’
- A Brief Influencer History Of Fiji Water
- Trump Jr. put on blast for comparing border wall to ZOO FENCE
- Lindsey Graham says Trump's AG pick committed to letting Mueller probe continue
- Stefanski headed back to Cleveland for second interview
- Bayern confirm Pavard deal
- Trump to stop federal relief aid for California wildfires