T-Mobile CEO John Legere addressed the situation in his recent 2019 predictions blog post, saying that AT&T would "basically be lying to their customers" with this 5G E icon and promising that he and the rest of T-Mo "will continue to call them on it".
AT&T was the second United States operator to launch a commercial 5G service, however its network is limited to mobile hotspot services in parts of 12 cities in what seemed to be a last-ditch attempt to honour its pledge to go live in 2018. That stands for 5G Evolution, which is AT&T's branding for its advanced LTE technologies, such as 4X4 MIMO.
T-Mobile US's fourth-quarter wireless customer gains surpassed analyst estimates and topped strong growth at larger rival Verizon Communications, continuing the company's run as the fastest-growing USA mobile carrier.
AT&T has said 5G E provides average speeds of about 40Mbps and peak theoretical speeds of 400Mbps.
But AT&T is forging ahead.
T-Mobile's outperformance of even Verizon's surprisingly strong numbers is a signal that it's continuing to take the most market share among US carriers.
The carrier said it'll brand the real 5G with mmWare technology as "5G+".
"What we're trying to do is two things".
And Elbaz' response to the accusations of misleading "5G E" labeling? When launching the device in December, AT&T said it became "the first and only company in the United States to offer a mobile 5G device over a commercial, standards-based mobile 5G network".
- Ryder Cup 2020: Five contenders for US captaincy
- Meghan Markle Jokes About Woman Rejecting Her Handbag She Donated to Charity
- Is Meghan Markle returning to Suits for a final appearance?
- Kelly Manager For Threatening Victims Father
- De Blasio announces health care coverage for all New Yorkers
- Andy Murray to retire this year
- White Sox reportedly to sign D-backs free agent outfielder Jon Jay
- Clemson intercepts Tua Tagovailoa twice in first half of action-packed championship
- DR Congo's Catholic Church says its election tally shows different victor
- Pompeo Seeks to Soothe Strains With Surprise Visit to Iraq