Both clubs have been linked to Harper as well.
Bryce Harper #34 of the Washington Nationals in the dugout before the game against the Miami Marlins at Marlins Park on July 26, 2018 in Miami, Florida. That goes along with what would figure to be an attractive pitch of Machado being the centerpiece of the final phase of the rebuild, playing alongside Eloy Jimenez, Michael Kopech, Dylan Cease and Luis Robert for the next seven years and forming a perennial contender.
In what seems like a make-or-break meeting, the team will reportedly fly a handful of executives to Sin City on Saturday - including owner John Middleton - to meet with Harper and his agent, Scott Boras.
Finally, all we can do as fans is await the decision, and hopefully Mr. Levine is correct and it will come sooner rather than later.
Harper opted to test free agency this year after turning down what was reportedly a 10-year, $300 million offer from the Nationals. He also noted that Machado is receiving offers between $25 and $28 million annually. Receive comprehensive coverage of your teams and stream the White Sox easily on your device.
- Kelly Manager For Threatening Victims Father
- Meghan Markle Jokes About Woman Rejecting Her Handbag She Donated to Charity
- Kim, Trump to meet again
- The Duchess of Cambridge turns 37
- LG Says Price Could Be a Hurdle for Its Rollable TV
- AMD announces Radeon VII graphics: Zen 2 on track
- US official says China trade talks ‘went just fine’
- Karl-Anthony Towns Shocked By Tom Thibodeau Firing
- Federer breaks down in attractive tribute to late coach
- British parliament orders May government to come up with Brexit plan B