Bezos issued a statement on their separation, saying that "we feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other".
Sanchez, 49, also a helicopter pilot with her own aerial production firm, was hired to shoot aerial shots for Blue Origin, a private space company Bezos founded in 2000, the Post reported.
United States tabloid claims Jeff Bezos has been dating former TV anchor Lauren Sanchez since June WASHINGTON Hours after Jeff Bezos announced his divorce from his wife of 25 years MacKenzie came reports that the Amazon CEO has been involved with a former TV anchor for the past seven months. The two have reportedly been seeing each other for eight months, according to the outlet, which obtained photos of them together across five states and claims that Bezos and Sanchez's respective spouses were recently made aware of the affair. She reportedly met Bezos through Whitesell.
"As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have chose to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends", they wrote.
According to the National Enquirer, Bezos and Sanchez met several times for their trysts as often as six times in two weeks.
The New York Post also reported the relationship and said Whitesell and Sanchez are separated.
Trump, who has been divorced twice, has a long history of feuding with Bezos and Amazon.
With Bezos' marriage to wife MacKenzie ending, he could stand to lose billions of dollars. Jeff Bezos, 54, is at the top of most list, and his fortune now hovers around $137 billion. He now ranks above Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, who is reportedly worth $93 billion, and famed businessman Warren Buffet, who sits on a reported $80.8 billion fortune.
The magazine claimed that the lovers had been dating since past year and that Bezos met Sanchez for illicit trysts as often as six times in two weeks, took her on exotic holidays on his $65 million private jet and sent her erotic selfies "too explicit to print". This means that MacKenzie, a novelist, could snag a huge payday in the divorce.
Even though Bezos wasn't rich at the time, the divorce is likely to make his ex-wife the richest woman in the world. Meanwhile, MacKenzie has the potential to get half of Bezos' money in the split, which would earn her a whopping $68 billion.
- Ryder Cup 2020: Five contenders for US captaincy
- Clemson intercepts Tua Tagovailoa twice in first half of action-packed championship
- Flu cases increase in Lucas County
- Astronomers detect mysterious repeated radio signal from faraway galaxy for second time
- DR Congo's Catholic Church says its election tally shows different victor
- National Basketball Association reviewing McCaw's short stay with Cavs
- Mike McCarthy to sit out 2019 season, hopes to coach in 2020
- Verizon Takes Swipe at AT&T Over Its '5G E' Upgrade
- CES 2019: Samsung Expand 'Connected Car' With HARMAN
- Andy Murray to retire this year