Police responded to the house after a unusual 911 call just before 1 a.m. local time when someone called from Denise Closs' cellphone, and the 911 dispatcher heard "a lot of yelling", according to records from the Barron County Sheriff's Department obtained by ABC News.
Relatives of Closs spoke to FOX 9 Thursday night to describe what finding her means to the family. Investigators believe Closs was in the home at the time of the murders.
- Jayme Closs's family was emotional Thursday night after the 13-year-old girl missing since October was found near Gordon, WI. Police said a suspect is in custody.
According to Closs's aunt Sue Allard, the teenager was found after escaping and finding a woman walking her dog near Gordon, Wisconsin. "Jayme has been found!", Kroeze posted.
Jayme vanished October 15, and her parents, James and Denise Closs, were found fatally shot in their home near Barron, a town of 3,300 in northwestern Wisconsin. Some tips led officials to recruit 2,000 volunteers for a massive ground search on October 23. WDIO-TV plans to carry the news conference live at about 10 a.m.
She was rescued nine months later with the help of two witnesses who recognized her abductors from an America's Most Wanted episode. Police did not release any other details about the arrest.
And as the mystery of her disappearance stretched past the fall and into the Christmas holiday, Jayme Closs's neighbors, classmates and family in Barron held vigil, wrapping a community tree in green and blue lights: green for hope, blue for grief. "I've always been a glass half-full kind of guy", Fitzgerald said at the time. "A lot of people have been praying daily, as I have". We promised to bring Jayme home and tonight we get to fulfill that promise. "It's unbelievable. It's like taking a big black cloud in the sky and getting rid of it and the sun comes out again".
"I have a gut feeling she's (Jayme's) still alive. I think everybody wishes her a good recovery and a happy life going into the future".
Douglas County is roughly 80 miles north of Barron County.
- Is Meghan Markle returning to Suits for a final appearance?
- Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen to testify publicly before Congress
- Andy Murray to retire this year
- Junket tourism
- Astronomers detect mysterious repeated radio signal from faraway galaxy for second time
- Mike McCarthy to sit out 2019 season, hopes to coach in 2020
- Verizon Takes Swipe at AT&T Over Its '5G E' Upgrade
- National Basketball Association reviewing McCaw's short stay with Cavs
- DR Congo's Catholic Church says its election tally shows different victor
- Pompeo Seeks to Soothe Strains With Surprise Visit to Iraq