Wolford completed 19 of 29 passes for 275 yards and four touchdowns in the win for Arizona.
The AAF football league will play a 10 week schedule.
The Alamodome claimed its first victim, as Mike Riley's Commanders bludgeoned the Fleet in their inaugural AAF game.
San Antonio next faces the Orlando Apollos in Week 2, who are coming off a big win of their own. Silvers threw an interception on his first drive.
Former Alabama star Trent Richardson tallied a rushing touchdown for Birmingham in the victory.
The Alliance of American Football posted solid television ratings for its first-ever game broadcast last Saturday night, drawing the same audience as an National Basketball Association battle between two of the league's top stars.
Birmingham is coached by Tim Lewis.
In his Alliance of American Football debut Sunday, Christian Hackenberg exhibited why he never saw the field with the Jets. The Express offense must sort itself out soon, as they next face the upstart Arizona Hotshots.
Despite a close game at halftime, the Hotshots beat the Salt Lake Stallions, 38-22. But the good news is I'm 23 (years old), not sure that I could do it and I did it. For the rest of the regular season, the AAF will be on TNT, NFL Newtork, CBS Sports Network or the streaming B/R Live service, and it's fair to assume that none of those outlets will ever get 2.9 million viewers for an AAF game.
- Acting Pentagon chief: no orders to withdraw from Afghanistan
- Winter weather advisory, wintry mix and rain move in tonight
- Beto O'Rourke to join march against wall countering President Trump visit
- Grammys 2019: Joy Villa's pro-Trump wall outfit
- Gonzaga moves to No. 3 in AP college basketball poll
- Embattled Virginia Governor Calls Slaves Indentured Servants
- Fugitive Bahraini footballer to walk free after Bahrain drops extradition request
- Arsenal win the hard way at Huddersfield
- The weak rollout of the Green New Deal
- Azpilicueta cant find words to describe Chelsea's embarrassment at Man City