From a timing perspective, it seems entirely possible that Apple finally gives the world a look at its video service at its upcoming event, rumored to be happening at the end of March. At least, that's what BuzzFeed is reporting today.
According to Buzzfeed, Apple's event is scheduled for Monday, March 25th at the Steve Jobs theater.
Greek tech news site iPhoneHellas claims it received confirmed pre-order and release date information from a "reliable source" in Apple's production chain in China. Apple also now gets to boast about their efforts to help the field of journalism, as the company's vice president Eddy Cue said when they acquired the subscription news app Texture a year ago. Apart from these two, Apple is also rumored to launch the new iPad models, which will comprise of up two variants targeted towards the budget-friendly crowd that doesn't want to splurge a large amount of cash on the 2018 iPad Pro lineup.
An Apple spokesperson declined to comment when contacted by ZDNet. The plan would cost about $10 per month and Apple would keep half of the fees, and the other half of the fees would be divided among all the publishers based on how much time readers spent reading each publisher.
Among the products that are expected to be released by Apple Inc. this year are the Apple AirPods 2 and the new Air Power wireless charger. Indeed, there was a previous rumor that said Apple would offer up a big bundle for its News and original content streaming efforts, so an event could be a way to promote all of it at once.
It's worth noting that the absence of streaming options from entities like HBO, Netflix, and perhaps Hulu arguably hurts Apple more than anyone else given that the company would ideally like to house all popular streaming options under a unified umbrella app on iOS.
So, circle that date on the calendar with a pencil just in case.
- South Koreans largely optimistic about Trump-Kim summit
- Unpacking reported trade sending Joe Flacco from Ravens to Broncos
- Baltimore Boxer Gervonta Davis Wins Title Fight
- West Indies vs England: Shannon Gabriel warned over clash with Joe Root
- Mom urges parents to vaccinate kids after measles outbreak
- Kyrie Irving day-to-day with strained right knee
- Trump Supporter Attacks BBC Journalist at El Paso Rally
- Knicks remove photo of Durant from promotion
- Lottery victor wears 'Scream' mask to hide identity
- Kate Middleton Stuns In One-Shoulder White Gown At BAFTA Awards