Christian Eriksen created the opener before scoring himself as Tottenham beat Leicester 3-1 on Sunday (Monday NZ time), putting the north London club five points behind front-runners Manchester City and Liverpool.
While that period has brought unprecedented success for the club, Abramovich has typically not hesitated when things have turned ugly.
"Hopefully we can win every title", he told reporters.
It could even have been worse for Chelsea as Aguero missed an early sitter and also hit the bar.
Also on rt.com He's back! I think it might be one of the best performances of this team.
"We keep talking about Chelsea picking the wrong manager, maybe he's picked the wrong club".
Assistant Gianfranco Zola appeared to be the one leading the session while Sarri was involved in a deep discussion on the touchline with captain Cesar Azpilicueta. There are similarities between the way Sarri started with a bang at Chelsea and Guardiola at City, before problems set in, but the similarities end there.
The owner at Stamford Bridge Roman Abramovich is not known for his patience and with the Blues now sixth in the league, the rumour mill is starting to churn over Sarri's future.
The Russian has been absent from games this season, and Sarri revealed after the chastening defeat to City that he "never" speaks to his boss. So, I am not anxious about the club.
Abramovich has previously kept his cards close to his chest before stepping in decisively to cut the manager adrift. "What makes top teams is resilience and Chelsea as a club will have it".
The City manager has displayed an nearly zero tolerance policy towards missing such chances, as shown in the Amazon Prime documentary "All Or Nothing" where he substituted Raheem Sterling for missing a similar chance against Burnley last season.
The head coach will hope progress in the Europa League, starting with Thursday's knockout tie at Malmö, earns him time, given the competition's winners gain entry into next season's Champions League. Sarri has repeatedly insisted he will stick to "Plan A" until Chelsea get it right. And silverware is up for grabs when Chelsea next face City, in the February 24 Carabao Cup final.
- Venezuela's Guaido warns military on blocked aid
- Celebrities react as Cardi B makes historic win at Grammy Awards 2019
- Winter weather advisory, wintry mix and rain move in tonight
- Gonzaga moves to No. 3 in AP college basketball poll
- After Bipartisan Backlash, Muslim Congresswoman Apologizes for 'Deeply Offensive' Anti-Semitic Tweet
- The weak rollout of the Green New Deal
- Fugitive Bahraini footballer to walk free after Bahrain drops extradition request
- Mickelson finishes off fifth win at Pebble Beach
- Man-Utd-PSG: Neymar and Cavani give Tuchel tactical headache
- Beto O'Rourke to join march against wall countering President Trump visit