The bout was a mismatch, with Mayweather physically far too big to sustain any real damage against a fighter who was unable to use his most risky weapons - his feet - due to the rules imposed by the American's team.
Mayweather was pleased simply to see Davis back in the ring following a long layoff caused in part by Davis awaiting a workable date to make the first defense of his WBA super world super featherweight title.
Fresh from beating Tenshin up himself on New Year's Eve, Mayweather plans to send over Gervonta Davis to potentially do a similar job on a RIZIN Promotions show.
Surprised media members asked Mayweather for a clarification and he responded, "Yes, he's fighting Tenshin in an exhibition bout in Japan".
He stopped the Japanese star inside the very first round after knocking him down three times.
"I'm proud of Tank, and he's gonna stay active", Mayweather said.
Baltimore's Davis (21-0, 20 KOs) recorded his eighth career first-round knockout as referee Jack Reiss called off the fight with one second remaining in the first round following a devastating sweeping right hook by Davis connected cleanly and sent Ruiz (39-5, 32 KOs) down to his knees.
Mayweather dropped Nasukawa three times in a one-sided demolition job in Tokyo on December 31.
A big fight for Davis in that it's not only for the world title but a bout that can put his career back on track after a frustrating time previous year between inactivity and one or two other minor issues.
Nasukawa got absolutely destroyed by the former "P4P" king.
Mayweather, now 41, took Nasukawa apart inside a round when the pair met in December and having earned millions, it appears he is taking his unbeaten protege Davis for some of the action.
Davis told SHOWTIME reporter Jim Gray he's ready for a sweet homecoming for his next fight.
- West Indies vs England: Shannon Gabriel warned over clash with Joe Root
- Julian Edelman Speaks Out About PED Suspension
- Trump Supporter Attacks BBC Journalist at El Paso Rally
- Jody Wilson-Raybould resigns from federal cabinet
- Unidentified Man Claims Jussie Smollett is Lying About Attack
- Russell Westbrook ties Wilt Chamberlain's triple-double record
- 'I inoculate myself. Germs are not a real thing'
- South Koreans largely optimistic about Trump-Kim summit
- Grammys 2019: Cardi B Performs At The 2019 Grammys
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Hundreds of Employees