The stars of today got together to pay a heartfelt musical tribute to the musical rockstar.
In essence, Sunday night's performance was the MusiCares banquet in miniature with many artists reprising their performances from that night, most notably Musgraves and Perry on a duet of "Here You Come Again" in outfits that were vintage Dolly.
Dolly has eight Grammy Awards, two songs in the Grammy Hall Of Fame, "Jolene" and "I Will Always Love You", and received the Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011. Maren Morris joined the duo for a stripped down version of Neil Young's "After the Gold Rush", which Parton covered with Emmylou Harris and and Linda Ronstadt on their 1999 album "Trio II".
Dolly Parton brought down the house at Sunday night's Grammy Awards. She thanked her "Aunt Dolly" after the performance.
Maren Morris, from left, Dolly Parton and Miley Cyrus perform "After The Goldrush" at the 61st annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2019, in Los Angeles.
All of the performers came on stage to perform "9 to 5" along with the entire crowd singing along.
Parton, 73, also appeared to touch on some of the concerns of the #MeToo movement and sexual misconduct in entertainment and other industries, when she described entering the music business when it was a "man's world". "Well, not them", Parton said in her Friday acceptance speech while receiving the MusiCares award.
- Lady Gaga Wins Best Song Written for Visual Media Grammy for 'Shallow'
- Timeline: Convictions that have led to consecutive murder sentences in Canada
- Drake said musicians "don’t need" a Grammy, then they cut to commercial
- Two Southampton Fans Detained for Mocking Sala's Death With 'Airplane Taunts'
- Jason Day in the mix at PGA Pebble Beach
- China condemns Indian PM Modi's visit to disputed region
- PSG Boss Delivers Update On Edison Cavani Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Blast of ice and snow in forecast for Mississauga, Brampton Tuesday
- Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott Share Lots of PDA at Grammys 2019
- Updated 2020 Toyota Tacoma Unveiled at CAS