Lipa was born on August 22, 1995 in London to Albanian parents. I feel like for most of it I've been strapped to a rocket and I've really been learning to take a step back and try and be present in everything, because all these things, all these milestones that have been happening.
Lipa continued, thanking her team, before sending a message to those who may feel insecure due to their different stories, backgrounds or names.
"It has to begin with... women who have the creativity in their hearts and souls, who want to be musicians, who want to be engineers, producers, and want to be part of the industry on the executive level", Portnow said to Variety.
"I really need to take them all in and appreciate it".
If you haven't heard of Dua Lipa, we're sure you have now. But she wasn't too overcome to get in a slight jab at Recording Academy President Neil Portnow. She said that she was "honoured.to be nominated alongside so many incredible female artists this year".
It's unfortunate that Lipa wasn't given time to finish her speech, but Lipa continued the discussion she opened at Grammy press rooms after the ceremony was over.
Her sixth single "New Rules", which came off her self-titled debut studio album, was her first number one in Britain - and the first by a female solo artist to top the United Kingdom charts since 2015's "Hello" by Adele.
- A Breaking Bad movie is on the way to Netflix
- Toronto's Fred VanVleet (thumb) out at least three weeks
- OPEC Secretary General urges to accelerate oil production cuts within OPEC+ framework
- First ‘Frozen 2’ Trailer Returns to Arendelle with Anna and Elsa
- US Charges Former Air Force Intel Agent with Defecting to Iran
- Cardi B Disables Her Instagram After Winning Best Rap Album At Grammys
- Knicks remove photo of Durant from promotion
- Here’s why NASA just pronounced its famed Mars rover to be dead
- Bill Cosby's Life in Prison: 'He's Not Remorseful' | NBC10 Philadelphia
- Scott Morrison suffers historic defeat as border protection election looms