The Knicks, in an advertisement asking season ticket holders to renew their tickets, used a picture of Durant guarding rookie forward Mitchell Robinson this week. If anyone questioned it, look no further than their latest season ticket promotion photo that features Durant.
Hard to imagine that this particular photo choice was an unintentional oversight. "To be clear, it was one of several rotating photos on the website".
As Darren Rovell notes, the Knicks released a statement when they were criticized for the image, saying that "Game action photos are used all the time for marketing purposes, but given everything going on, we took the precaution of taking the photo down".
Kevin Durant, for example, could be one of those free agents. Another fan corroborated the image before the Knicks eventually took it down. The deadline for season-ticket renewals is later this month, and the Knicks (10-45) have tied a single-season franchise record with 16 consecutive losses.
Also, counting recent trades the Knicks have made, they could have about $75 million in salary cap space toward pursuing a high-priced player, according to reporting from ESPN.
Durant isn't the only superstar to become available in the summer, with Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard and Kyrie Irving all having the option to exit their contracts, while Kemba Walker will be an unrestricted free agent. "I'm trying to play basketball".
A sales representative for the team was sacked, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, with the Hawks saying in a statement that the man's "specific reference" did not "represent how our basketball operations or our business staff have consistently communicated about free agency".
- Trump Supporter Attacks BBC Journalist at El Paso Rally
- USA trade representative Lighthizer arrives in China ahead of high-level talks
- Russell Westbrook ties Wilt Chamberlain's triple-double record
- Jody Wilson-Raybould resigns from federal cabinet
- South Koreans largely optimistic about Trump-Kim summit
- Unidentified Man Claims Jussie Smollett is Lying About Attack
- Kate Middleton Stuns In One-Shoulder White Gown At BAFTA Awards
- West Indies vs England: Shannon Gabriel warned over clash with Joe Root
- Apple in talks to create "Netflix for news" subscription service
- Samsung Galaxy A50 gets FCC certification, to come with 6.22-inch display