A Jamaican man who won $100 million in the lottery had a most unusual way of accepting his prize money: by putting on the mask of the infamous "Ghostface" murder from the Scream movies and TV series to accept his Super Lotto check!
The ghoulish victor picked up a cheque for a whopping $158.4 million in the Super Lotto jackpot, though this sum is considerably less whopping when you convert it from Jamaican dollars to USA dollars ($1.17 million / £907,000). The person arrived at the lotto centre wearing the mask from the 1996 horror flick, along with a pair of black rubber gloves.
Campbell, the Jamaican victor posed with his winning at the Spanish Court Hotel in Kingston last week.
'I looked at my ticket [that night] and ran into my bathroom and said: 'I won! [Wondering] if what I've been longing for really come true.
The victor also told Loop that the winning numbers came to him in a dream, and the first thing he will do with the cash is buy a house. "I haven't found it yet, but I'll be looking for one soon", he said. "I don't beg, I don't borrow. I had a belly ache for two weeks, sometimes I feel so much pain I forgot that I had won", he said.
Lottery winners in the Caribbean country often wear disguises while collecting their prizes due to high levels of crime in the country, and fears that they will be hounded for money by family and friends.
"Unfortunately, Jamaica is not like other markets", she said.
Gepostet von TwistedSifter am Montag, 11.
He told the Jamaica Star that he plans to buy "a nice house".
- Trump Signs Order Prioritizing Artificial Intelligence Research
- Mexico's 'El Chapo,' notorious cartel boss, convicted in United States trial
- Who owns that 'delightful' tiger, Houston officials ask
- Andy Robertson praises 'calm' Jurgen Klopp as Liverpool recapture type
- Mbappe < Neymar + Cavani: Tuchel takes pressure of Kylian
- In Revolution anniversary speech, Rouhani lays claim to Bahrain, other neighbors
- Why Steelers wouldn't even consider trading Antonio Brown to Patriots
- South Koreans largely optimistic about Trump-Kim summit
- Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar Throws Her Hat Into The Ring For 2020!
- Trump 'May Not Be a Free Person' in 2020 — POCAHONTAS