The Department of Health (DOH) declared a measles outbreak in Metro Manila with a spike in measles in cases, while placing several regions under tight watch.
At least 10 states are reporting cases of measles across the nation.
According to the Bell County Health District, there were four possible cases under investigation.
The HSE says while the majority of children in Donegal still receive the MMR vaccine, the numbers have been dropping slightly over the past few years.
A state of emergency was announced recently in the western US state of Washington after a measles outburst that has impacted over two dozen people and the majority of them are children.
The Texas cases follow dozens in Washington state, where 49 confirmed cases turned up last month. Four of the cases involve children under the age of 2, while the fifth involves a woman in her 30s, news station KHOU reported.
Since measles is no longer endemic (constantly present) in the United States, how are these outbreaks occurring? "Measles is so contagious that if someone has it, 90 percent of the people around that person who are not immune will become infected".
However, measles is highly contagious. About 1 out of 4 people who get measles will be hospitalized.
Statewide in Washington, orders for measles vaccine jumped about 30 percent in January compared with the same month previous year, climbing from 12,140 doses to 15,780 doses, figures showed.
Measles infection typically causes a rash, fever, conjunctivitis (red eyes), cough or runny nose.
Davis said you should stay at home and call the doctor instead to avoid spreading it to others if you do have it. Davis wants to reassure people in the community that if there is a confirmed case in Lane County, they will hear about it immediately from Lane County Health and Human Services. "In a sense, we already saw that in 2018, but it looks like cases may pick up more in 2019".
"Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent measles", said Dr. Matt Richardson, Director of Public Health. Anyone born since 1978 who is unsure if they have received two doses of a measles containing vaccine, such as MMR, should speak with their GP.
- Home and vehicle loans to be cheaper as RBI cuts rates
- Hazard confirms he has made a final decision on his Chelsea future
- Skype introduces background blur to disguise the bong you forgot about
- France recalls Italy ambassador amid diplomatic row over 'yellow vests' meeting
- Wells Fargo Hit By Nationwide Outage, ATMs and Online Banking Down
- Ben Barba shut out by Rugby Australia
- Apex Legends Has Already Surpassed 10 Million Total Players
- Meghan Markle's inner circle reveals shocking details abot the Duchess of Sussex
- Unai Emery urges Arsenal to improve away form amid criticism
- Tom Brady gets his playoff beard shaved for charity