Disney released a new trailer for their upcoming live-action adaptation of Aladdin at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards.
Aladdin is being directed by Guy Ritchie, and features Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and, obviously, Smith as Genie.
The 50-year-old actor appeared in his Genie costume - which was published on the cover of Entertainment Weekly in December - but this time, entirely blue, seemingly with some CGI effects. Smith posted on his Instagram page.
Twitter was quick to poke fun at Smith, with one user comparing the look to Paul Giamatti in the movie "Big Fat Liar".
A tantalizing glimpse of the "Prince Ali" sequence also flashes by, boasting sumptuous colors as the pretend prince rides his monkey Apu - now an elephant via the Genie - as they stomp through Agrabah en route to try and woo the Sultan's daughter, to the catchiest tune in all of Disney's extensive catalog. And I say this as someone who's been an ardent defender of Ritchie's last couple of fun-filled blockbusters. For his part, Smith said, "I think it'll stand out as unique even in the Disney world".
Aladdin opens on May 23 in Australia and May 24 in the U.S. and UK.
- China condemns Indian PM Modi's visit to disputed region
- Blast of ice and snow in forecast for Mississauga, Brampton Tuesday
- Former US Congressman John Dingell dies at 92
- Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott Share Lots of PDA at Grammys 2019
- Dolly Parton, Ronstadt, Harris Reunite at MusiCares
- Two Southampton Fans Detained for Mocking Sala's Death With 'Airplane Taunts'
- Ariana Grande Reacts to First Grammy Win After Snubbing the Show
- PSG Boss Delivers Update On Edison Cavani Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Adesanya earns hard-fought UD win over hero Silva at UFC 234
- Meet the Rich Energy Haas F1 auto