Vijay Shankar's direct hit from long-on found Ross Taylor short of his crease in the second T20I between New Zealand and India at the Eden Park on Friday. It was India's first T20I at the Eden Park and the Indian team was just brilliant throughout.
It was a much-improved performance by the Indian bowlers with Bhuvneshwar Kumar removing Tim Seifert (12) in the third over inducing an inside edge to Dhoni behind the stumps.
Indian bowler Krunal Pandya took 3, K Khaleel Ahmed scalped 2, while Bhuvenshwar Kumar and Hardik Pandya picked up 1 wicket each. He surpassed Martin Guptill of New Zealand. U.S. is the only country where they have not won a T20I match yet among countries in which they have played the shortest format.
The spinners, Krunal Pandya and Yuzvendra Chahal, did alright but the team management will also consider including chinaman Kuldeep Yadav.
Rohit Sharma became the highest run scorer in Twenty20 worldwide history Friday as India romped to a seven-wicket win over New Zealand in the second T20 in Auckland.
"As a team, we have been good at chasing down targets which is why we play with eight batsmen". Rohit Sharma said he wanted to bowl anyway, despite India conceding 219 in the previous game. The 37-year-old veteran also took the Men in Blue over the line as he remained unbeaten on 20 off 18 balls. It remains to be seen if he gets another shot at the same position or the team brings in Shubman Gill, who would be desperate to perform after the two failures in ODIs. Kane Williamson would want his batsman to show more composure on the pitch. The parsimonious Krunal (3/28 in 4 overs) dismissed Colin Munro (12) and skipper Kane Williamson (20) to peg the Black Caps back early in the innings.
"It was a complete performance that doesn't happen everyday and hope we can keep the momentum through the series having set the tone", he said.
Coming back into the side after playing just one ODI against India, veteran Tim Southee proved his enormous value with tidy figures of 17 runs in four over including three wickets. Lockie Ferguson and Ish Sodhi have been the other two standout performers.
India openers Rohit Sharma (50 off 29) and Shikhar Dhawan (30 off 31) broke the back of the chase with a stand of 79 and the tourists coasted home with seven balls to spare to make Sunday's final fixture a decider.
Match starts at 11.30 AM IST.
- 'Anthem' Launch Trailer Shows Off All Four Javelins
- Lessons Enterprises Can Learn from Amazon About Locating HQs
- Venezuela's Guaido won't rule out US intervention to force Maduro's hand
- Marc Gasol thanks Grizzlies after trade to Raptors
- Virginia lieutenant governor denies new sexual assault allegation
- Winter Snow Storm Wallops Pacific Northwest; Washington Declares State of Emergency
- You Can Finally Merge Two Different Epic Accounts in Fortnite
- UK's Prince Philip 'voluntarily surrenders' driving licence after crash
- Canadian PM denies report about alleged intervention in SNC-Lavalin fraud case
- More than three dozen die in bootleg liquor poisoning