"With a focus on being one of the first companies to deliver a 5G phone, our engineers and product development team can receive an early start on how to best develop a premium 5G phone without compromise to design and user experience", Lau said. Bear in mind that both the Snapdragon 845 and Snapdragon 835 are compatible with the Snapdragon X50, but it's most likely that OnePlus will stick to Qualcomm's latest silicon. The company recently announced its "Connect with the OnePlus Community over 5G" event at the mobile consumer show.
At CES 2019, Qualcomm had a handful of prototype handsets on its booth including one from OnePlus' parent company Oppo, labelled as the Find X 5G.
6/12/18: United Kingdom operator EE will be the first network in the world to offer OnePlus' incoming 5G smartphone.
Interestingly, the statement makes it seem like OnePlus is more interested in showing off the capabilities of 5G rather than the handset itself.
For more info about upcoming 5G phones, check out CNET's roundup here or click through the gallery below. However, 5G will no doubt roll out quicker in markets such as Europe and North America than in India, and OnePlus likely want to have its devices ready for this well in advance. OnePlus is also set to demo the possibilities of "5G gaming", which is a phrase that hasn't been associated with 5G until now and should be pretty intriguing. Rumors say the highest-end variant of the Galaxy S10 lineup will feature 5G connectivity.
5G networks are set to launch in mid-to-late 2019 both in the United Kingdom and US.
- A Breaking Bad movie is on the way to Netflix
- George Clooney Compared The Hounding Of Meghan Markle To Diana's Death
- Rich the Kid and Entourage Involved in Robbery, Pistol Whipped at Studio
- Samsung Galaxy A50 gets FCC certification, to come with 6.22-inch display
- Dua Lipa Receives Grammy Award For Best New Artist
- Knicks remove photo of Durant from promotion
- OPEC Secretary General urges to accelerate oil production cuts within OPEC+ framework
- Toronto's Fred VanVleet (thumb) out at least three weeks
- Apple in talks to create "Netflix for news" subscription service
- Scott Morrison suffers historic defeat as border protection election looms