However, in the AAF, teams will start at the opposing 10-yard line, and will have four downs to make it into the endzone.
The Indianapolis Colts are entering the offseason looking toward free agency and the 2019 NFL Draft in April, which means there won't be NFL football to watch in the coming months.
That's a heck of a victory for the new football league, which generally played to positive reviews in its opening week. The AAF feels like its on to something and with cooperation from the NFL, there could be some serious weight to this new league in the years to come if the play gets better.
There are no extra points; every touchdown is followed by a two-point conversion attempt. Spurrier said. "They saw enough good plays after the first quarter or so, and we finally put on a little bit of a show". At all. There will still be a coin toss, with the victor deciding whether to receive or defer, but the team that receives the ball will simply send out its offense to start from their own 25-yard line. The play clock will only run 35 seconds, five seconds shorter than the NFL. Birmingham is led by rookie head coach Tim Lewis, who will have plenty of former stars that played their college ball in the Yellowhammer State at his disposal.
There are a few notable players on the rosters, especially for college football fans.
From what it looked like in the broadcast, San Antonio seemed to be pumped up about getting professional football in their city again.
There will be five former UCF Knights on the team: Antonio Guerad, Chris Martin, Aaron Evans, Jordan McCray, and Rannell Hall. "Our Saturday night games are created to last about 2.5 hours so you can come tailgate, watch some great football, and still have time to hit the party scene in Downtown afterward". Each weekend, there will be four games, two each on Saturday night, one on Sunday afternoon and another on Sunday night, with the schedule culminating in the title game on April 27 - the last day of the National Football League draft. Even though an average of almost 3 million viewers tuned in to watch the first two games on Saturday night, there are two more games today to keep the party going. TNT and Bleacher Report Live will also broadcast on AAF regular season game and one playoff game. The Arizona Hotshots, Atlanta Legends, and Memphis Express will have to share their town with an NFL Franchise.
- Hockey fans everywhere are making fun of Edmonton Oilers after GM firing
- Tata Motors posts record $4bn loss on Jaguar woes, share crash
- Huawei open to European supervision
- New Zealand vs India - Highlights & Stats
- Chiron Sport '110 ans Bugatti' special edition celebrates Bugatti's French roots
- Backed Syrian force launches 'final battle' against IS
- UK's Prince Philip 'voluntarily surrenders' driving licence after crash
- Marlins deal catcher JT Realmuto to Philadelphia for three players
- Virginia lieutenant governor denies new sexual assault allegation
- Chris Smalling: 'Manchester United lucky to have Paul Pogba'