The Amsterdam team went into Wednesday's match in something of a form crisis since the Dutch league's winter break. Let's hope we can enjoy him for plenty more games.
There was undoubtedly the presence of Dusan Tadic to factor into the equation, who stands in the way of Courtois as the Belgian looks to claim a loose ball inside his penalty area, but the former Southampton midfielder would feel incredibly hard done by had the goal been ruled out for obstruction.
"But we have continued well and have received our opportunities afterwards. We're approaching it with maximum respect", said Solari.
Solari said he had not seen the images.
"I have said many times that I am a great defender of the VAR because it will make football fairer little by little", Ramos said.
The controversial decision meant Real went in at half-time on level terms with all three goals coming in the second half.
In Amsterdam, Benzema struck a powerful shot past Andre Onana on the hour after a strong run from the left by Vinicius Junior to put the 13-time European champion ahead. It's disappointing to give it away in the last few minutes.
Ajax are seeking to reach the Champions League quarterfinals for the first time in 16 years, while Real have not lost a tie at this stage in nearly a decade. But it started confidently and Tadic almost gave Ajax the lead, his 26th-minute shot hitting the post after beating Courtois. It's a shame that our goal was disallowed.
Vinicius beat Noussair Mazraoui on the left wing, cut inside, found Benzema and the French striker smashed home the opening goal.
Tadic then held off Sergio Ramos to fire in a shot that hit the post, and Ziyech missed another one-on-one chance with Courtois as Ajax's incisive passing stretched the visitors.
Ajax played well despite their defeat and Madrid were made to work for the win.
Madrid struggled in the first half against Ajax's high press, but Solari did not agree that it was a poor performance overall.
- Cardi B Disables Her Instagram After Winning Best Rap Album At Grammys
- Dua Lipa Receives Grammy Award For Best New Artist
- A Breaking Bad movie is on the way to Netflix
- Russian Islands Invaded By Polar Bears Declared State Of Emergency
- US Charges Former Air Force Intel Agent with Defecting to Iran
- Censorship fears spark criticism of Tencent funding reports: Reddit
- Toronto's Fred VanVleet (thumb) out at least three weeks
- Bill Cosby's Life in Prison: 'He's Not Remorseful' | NBC10 Philadelphia
- OnePlus’ 5G prototype smartphone will be shown off at MWC
- OPEC Secretary General urges to accelerate oil production cuts within OPEC+ framework