Called the Green New Deal, co-sponsors of the resolution in the House of Representatives include California Congressman Ro Khanna, Colorado Congressman Joe Neguse, Washington Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal, and Wisconsin Congressman Mark Pocan.
Cornell University Law School Professor Robert Hockett, who counsels Ocasio-Cortez on environmental initiatives, during an interview with Fox News' "Tucker Carlson Tonight" challenged the host after he was asked about one of the points on the list of frequently asked questions for Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal, posted online.
The conflict was rooted in what looks like a mistake on the part of Ocasio-Cortez's office, which released a fact sheet inconsistent with the actual legislative text of the Green New Deal resolution.
Capturing a sentiment often expressed by those who want to see the resolution passed, Organic Consumers Association worldwide director Ronnie Cummins described it as "the only solution that matches the scale of our multiple crises, including global warming, corporate control of our food system, income inequality, and the general decline of our environment and our democracy". He said climate change is a "national emergency", but stopped short of calling it a swift end all, be all of manufacturing practices in the United States, as many opposed to it have painted it to be. The proponents of the deal aim to phase the country off fossil fuels and nuclear energy in 10 years.
The Bronx having one of the highest child asthma rates isn't an accident.
When he told students what, exactly, was in the deal, responses changed.
"Now is the time to be bold and unapologetic in our demand for solutions to rampant economic insecurity and the climate crisis".
It also moves climate change into the spotlight as the US heads toward the 2020 presidential election.
The plan does not explicitly call for eliminating the use of fossil fuels, The Associated Press reported.
Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," Chris Murphy (D-CT) compared Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Sen.
- Grammys 2019: Joy Villa's pro-Trump wall outfit
- Gonzaga moves to No. 3 in AP college basketball poll
- Iranians mark anniversary of victory day in 1979 revolution
- New Aladdin Trailer Finally Reveals Will Smith’s Blue Genie
- Trump Says No Meeting With China's Xi Scheduled 'Yet'
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott wrapped in love at the Grammys 2019
- Beto O'Rourke to join march against wall countering President Trump visit
- 5 children charged with killing Nashville singer
- Celebrities react as Cardi B makes historic win at Grammy Awards 2019
- Arsenal win the hard way at Huddersfield