"The first half we played really well".
Tottenham were rampant and Llorente completed a memorable night when he glanced a close-range header past Burki from Christian Eriksen's corner three minutes later.
Tottenham Hotspur's South Korean striker Son Heung-Min (R) shoots to score the opening goal past Dortmund's Swiss goalkeeper Roman Buerki (L) during the UEFA Champions League round of 16 first leg football match between Tottenham Hotspur and Borussia Dortmund at Wembley Stadium in London on February 13, 2019.
Dortmund boss Lucien Favre bemoaned his team's collapse, saying: "The start of the second half we gave it away". The timing of the first goal was very important, the cross was unreal, I didn't have to do anything, just touch the ball.
"But after we fixed some problems, showing them some clips at half-time and talking a little about different positions - offensive and defensive - and trying to help the team to perform better".
The Belgian notched his first goal in the Champions League with a well-timed volley in the 83rd minute after he had set up forward Son for a 47th minute lead.
"The first half was very hard". He smiles and he creates energy in every single game.
"The players deserve all the credit because they were fantastic. We need to go to Dortmund with the idea to win".
"Also we were a bit lucky because it was a massive confidence boost when Sonny scored - it made the team play much better".
"That is very good, we feel very proud when people expect that from our performance, but sometimes people underestimate us".
It was just the second time in Vertonghen's Tottenham stay that he had registered a goal and an assist in the same match, and team-mate Son heaped praise on the talented defender before warning that the round of 16 tie wasn't done and dusted.
'The second thing is the pressure form all the clubs.I say that freely because I wanted to take him from City when he didn't get the games.
- Here’s why NASA just pronounced its famed Mars rover to be dead
- Toronto's Fred VanVleet (thumb) out at least three weeks
- Bill Cosby's Life in Prison: 'He's Not Remorseful' | NBC10 Philadelphia
- OPEC Secretary General urges to accelerate oil production cuts within OPEC+ framework
- Lingard and Martial doubts for Chelsea game
- Mistranslated or Not, Israeli PM's 'War With Iran' Tweet Sparks Grave Concerns
- George Clooney Compared The Hounding Of Meghan Markle To Diana's Death
- Watch The Latest Nintendo Direct Here
- Scott Morrison suffers historic defeat as border protection election looms
- Russian Islands Invaded By Polar Bears Declared State Of Emergency