Guardiola confirmed the French defender was in Barcelona on Thursday after treatment on a knee injury, which has been forced to miss the last three months of the season.
Guardiola added: "Wow I didn't know that. Fuck, he's a lucky guy!"
'He's injured, it's not easy - meniscus. "I don't know. I have to install an Instagram account because I didn't know".
On reporter's inquiry about Mendy, who is now recovering from a knee ligament injury that has sidelined him since November, Guardiola laughed at the report and even queried a club press officer to see if he had any ideas. "You have to know!" to which the club official said he didn't. "No it's definitely not OK for him to be so far way".
Mendy has gained a large following - he has 1.13 million Twitter followers and 2.6 million followers on Instagram - thanks to his humorous personality.
Mendy then took to Twitter and claimed it was a joke.
Mendy continued the joke with another Instagram Story post showing him at Manchester airport with the location tag "Dubai Mall Burj Khalifa".
The Frenchman had been in Barcelona recuperating from a knee cartilage injury but posed a video on social media claiming to be in the far east.
Guardiola, however, was caught by surprise when a reporter brought this to his attention, but appeared to see the amusing side.
The former Barcelona boss warned the full-back in August that he needed to forget about the internet and focus on his football as he looked to put an injury-hit first season with the English champions behind him.
So, it seems like Mendy might be okay with his manager.
'It's a final for us, and we have to play it in that way, ' he said.
"Every player understands this". The manager is the manager.
- Backed Syrian force launches 'final battle' against IS
- 'Anthem' Launch Trailer Shows Off All Four Javelins
- Hockey fans everywhere are making fun of Edmonton Oilers after GM firing
- Huawei open to European supervision
- Bucks trade center Thon Maker to Pistons
- Marc Gasol thanks Grizzlies after trade to Raptors
- UK's Prince Philip 'voluntarily surrenders' driving licence after crash
- Virginia lieutenant governor denies new sexual assault allegation
- You Can Finally Merge Two Different Epic Accounts in Fortnite
- Sarri discusses Hazard and Higuain strike partnership