Amazon Fire TVs can now play tunes from Apple Music, announced Apple as it launched its music and video streaming service on the e-commerce giant's digital media player in the U.S. Late in 2018, the leading technology company launched Apple Music on Amazon Echo smart speakers. Customers can enable this function by opening the Alexa app on their phone and setting up the Apple Music skill. But once it does, it's all Apple Music for you, all the time.
Right now it's only Amazon Fire TV users in the USA who can make use of Apple Music, but it will be rolling out to the United Kingdom in the "coming weeks", Amazon tells us. Other rivals in the music streaming industry include YouTube Music and Pandora.
To set-up your Fire TV Stick or Fire TV Stick 4K, you'll need a compatible TV (HD or 4K) with an HDMI input port, an internet connection, and an Amazon account.
Apple music will now available on Amazon Fire TV. The new support has arrived in the Apple Music skill, which has already been available for Echo device owners to utilize.
Go to the Apple Music Alexa Skill in a browser or the Alexa app.
The news of this upgrade comes as Apple recently announced it now has over 50 million subscribers to Music. There's no word on when or if Apple Music will be available on Google Home.
Apple Music coming to Fire TV is just another sign of Apple expanding the availability of its services.
Along with this music streaming plan, it's thought Apple could soon launch a similar service for video.
- Ivanka Trump insisted her dad was 'not a racist,' new book says
- Manchester United boss Solskjaer rejects Neville's remarks on priorities
- Disney Rehires James Gunn For Guardians Of The Galaxy 3
- Brexit talks with the Government 'constructive' - Dodds
- Tyreek Hill Being Investigated for Alleged Battery
- Facebook says Chief Product Officer Chris Cox is leaving | Tech
- Michael Swartz: Obama's Department of Injustice Quashed Clinton Investigation
- Aubameyang double caps Arsenal comeback to reach Europa League quarters
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Officially Split Households From Kate Middleton & Prince William
- Pompeo 'hopeful' North Korea talks can continue