Tottenham face Manchester City in an all-Premier League tie, while there are two heavyweight clashes between multiple winners with Ajax, conquerors of Real Madrid, facing Juventus and Manchester United taking on Barcelona.
Liverpool will believe they have one foot in the next round after being paired with FC Porto, but with the draw also mapping out the route to the final with potential semifinals too, how will the quarterfinals play out?
He was brought in as first choice left back for the Reds, but poor form led him to be loaned to Fulham later that year and then sold the next season to Leicester. Jürgen Klopp will be confident after the Champions League victory over Bayern Munich.
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique also played in the two finals against Man United, where he spent four years early in his career. Juve will be at home in the second leg. "It's not by accident that three German clubs are eliminated by three English clubs".
"But I think the fans would go with the league, they want to retain that - they still haven't fallen in love with the Champions League because of the issues with Financial Fair Play and the amount of players you are allowed in the squad".
The Reds have won each of the last five meetings with the Cottagers across all competitions - a new club record run versus the London side.
"Let's not disrespect Porto because they got to this stage for a reason, but they won't be looking forward to that tie".
The last time the Premier League had four teams in the quarter-finals, in 2008/09, Barcelona beat the Old Trafford side 2-0 in the final in Rome.
Cristiano Ronaldo's hat-trick against Atletico Madrid kept Juventus' European dream alive.
- V2 Remastered for Nintendo Switch, new VR game, sequel revealed
- New Zealand prime minister says shooting suspect was a licensed gun owner
- Valve launches Steam Link Anywhere into beta
- Tragic Love Island star Mike Thalassitis recently lost his beloved nan
- Heartbroken New Zealanders mourn victims lost to Christchurch mass shooting
- Israel strikes Gaza in retaliation for rockets launched at Tel Aviv
- Weapons used in Christchurch, NZ attack appear to have been modified: Ardern
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits Manchester United similarities to 1998/99
- India vs Australia - Highlights & Stats
- Conservatives Defend Chelsea Clinton After Video Of Confrontation Goes Viral