"His potential as a player is very, very, high", he said.
Arsenal drew the short straw in the Europa League quarter-finals on Friday afternoon, as they were paired with Napoli, widely regarded as the best team left in the competition. "He is improving in the last month", said the ex-Napoli boss. He had a wonderful match and I'm really happy he could play for 90 minutes.
The France worldwide has scored nine goals in Europe but has seen his first-team opportunities in the Premier League restricted by Sarri, with Gonzalo Higuaín signed on loan in January. "I'm happy for him, but he has to keep the feet on the ground because he can improve more".
Here is everything you need to know about the game.
The club celebrated qualification to the quarter final stage after overcoming RB Salzburg 4-3 on aggregate despite losing 3-1 on Thursday, however, this injury news will surely put a dampener on what has otherwise been a great week for the club.
Maurizio Sarri would surely love to win a trophy during his first campaign in charge at Stamford Bridge and his path to the final has now been mapped out.
"I prefer to find them in the final", Chelsea's head coach said when informed that Napoli had also qualified.
The victor of the quarter-final between Napoli and Arsenal will certainly be favourite to make the final, both of which are capable of causing a serious threat to the Blues.
A very favourable tie for the Premier League club, as they take on Czech side Slavia Praha.
But they can't afford to underestimate a team that eliminated Spanish club Sevilla in the last round 6-5 on aggregate.
- English Premier League match-week 31 betting preview
- Heartbroken New Zealanders mourn victims lost to Christchurch mass shooting
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits Manchester United similarities to 1998/99
- Israel strikes Gaza in retaliation for rockets launched at Tel Aviv
- Valve launches Steam Link Anywhere into beta
- Amazon Fire TV finally gets Apple Music streaming
- New Zealand prime minister says shooting suspect was a licensed gun owner
- V2 Remastered for Nintendo Switch, new VR game, sequel revealed
- Uber reportedly planning an April IPO
- Patriots reportedly showing interest in free-agent WR Golden Tate