"But in both games I think we played too defensive".
"In the first half we scored an outstanding goal - wow - and by half-time time everybody knew it would not be easy for Munich, and that is important information for the opponent after they were happy with a 0-0 at Anfield". He was the orchestrator in Munich and looked like a teenager playing among 10-year-olds, so comfortable was he on the ball.
Virgil van Dijk headed Liverpool into a deserved lead in the 69th minute before Mane ended any hopes of a Bayern fightback with a late far-post header from Mo Salah's cross.
"We knew that it would be a very tough game, but I think in both games we were playing too defensive", the Poland worldwide told Viasport.
Right now, he is the best defender in the world, with nobody anywhere questioning his value.
GETTY IMAGESVirgil van Dijk outjleaps the Bayern defence to head in Liverpool's second goal from James Milner's cross
They know how much Liverpool have been indebted to Mane recently, and were quick to praise him once again once the full time whistle had sounded.
His quality shined even more in contrast to Bayern's defensive pairing of Mats Hummels and Niklas Sule.
'So young, already so mature, so strong, all good.
The Senegal global also headed in Liverpool's third of the night for his 10th goal in as many games in all competitions for the Merseyside club. "He is a massive threat".
Liverpool's owner very rarely tweets but he felt the need to hail Van Dijk's performance.
No wonder the manager could not hide his delight at the form of Van Dijk, whose other important contribution is to improve the players around him with Joel Matip - the club's fourth-choice centre-back - impressing since getting into the side after injuries to Joe Gomez and Dejan Lovren. They didn't go forward, they just sort of sat and waited.
- Markets Right Now: Stocks open higher; Boeing falls again
- Sadio Mane Reminds Me of Raheem Sterling - Liverpool Legend
- Real Madrid sign €50m Eder Militao from Porto on six-year contract
- Google announces Android Q: New features revealed in beta version
- ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett pleads not guilty
- Captain Marvel will not release in Pakistan
- Mets reassign Tebow to minor league camp
- Facebook reportedly under criminal investigation for secret data-sharing deals
- May still hopes for changes to Brexit deal
- Facebook struggles into day two of global outage