Verizon, which plans to expand to more than 30 US cities in 2019, launched its first commercial 5G service in October when its 5G Home offering went live in Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles and Sacramento.
Lastly, if you live in a market with Verizon 5G services and have a phone that supports it, you'll need to pay an extra $10/month on top of your existing Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, or Above Unlimited plan in order to access it.
A handful of Verizon customers could soon have faster wireless service - but they'll have to pay $10 a month more.
Normally priced at $349.99 (yikes), the Verizon-exclusive 5G Moto Mod will be available for "a limited time" at only $50.
So what are Verizon's first 5G markets? Verizon started a 5G home broadband and TV service in parts of four cities a year ago.
Without the 5G service, Verizon's three unlimited plans cost $75, $85, or $95 a month for a single line and differ based on throttling policies, video quality, and mobile hotspot data limits.
If the device sounds familiar, that's because Motorola spoke about the device in recent weeks, showing the 5G Moto Mod in Barcelona at MWC 2019. 5G service in Minneapolis will be in Downtown West, Downtown East, and Elliot Park. By the way, the handset can be obtained free of charge from Big Red with a device payment plan and new line of service, fetching $10 a month for a total of $240 for upgrading customers. The 5G Moto Mod and Moto Z3 smartphone were first announced last August.
What happens if you aren't in a 5G area? After the pre-order period, it'll return back to its regular $350 sticker price, which is a bit pricey if you ask us. Sorry. Verizon's 5G Mobility and 5G Home network are two different technologies that don't play nicely together.
Verizon is also planning to sell the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, but there's no availability date yet. As announced previous year, the Moto Mod is essentially a detachable 5G antenna for the Moto Z3. Sprint (s) has said it will offer 5G starting in May in Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Kansas City but hasn't disclosed pricing.
- Snow, wind to continue pummeling Denver metro area through Wednesday evening
- Thompson wants more energy from Warriors fans at Oracle Arena
- Eight dead after school building collapses in Nigeria
- Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer cruise as Novak Djokovic departs
- MPs rule Britain can't quit European Union unless a deal agreed with Brussels
- Google Chrome 73 Brings Dark Mode on macOS Mojave
- Jose Canseco’s ex-wife: A-Rod cheating claims are false
- Local students to cut class in second climate strike
- North Koreans Just Voted-but Not for Kim Jong Un
- Apple sets March 25 event, hints at streaming