Qureshi to encourage meaningful steps against JeM (Jaish-e-Mohammed) and other terrorist groups operating from Pakistan.
Referring to the recent simmering tensions between India and Pakistan, Qureshi said that prime minister Khan reaffirmed that "Islamabad will take two steps if New Delhi takes one".
Pakistan has assured the United States that it will deal "firmly" with all terrorists operating from the country and take steps to de-escalate tensions with India, according to National Security Adviser John Bolton.
Pakistan claimed to have downed two Indian Air Force jets and capture their pilots.
The foreign minister also informed Bolton that Pakistan's High Commissioner to India has returned to Delhi after consultations.
The German Foreign Minister welcomed Pakistan's efforts towards peace and stability in the region.
India and the United States on Tuesday called for Pakistan to address global concerns regarding terrorism, including that originating from across the border.
"Secretary Pompeo and Foreign Secretary Gokhale discussed the importance of bringing those responsible for the (Pulwama) attack to justice and the urgency of Pakistan taking meaningful action against terrorist groups operating on its soil", State Department Deputy Spokesperson Robert Palladino said.
Addressing the Business Leaders Summit in Islamabad, the foreign minister said, "We have a challenging situation on the western front in Afghanistan and we have a situation brewing on the eastern front".
A Pakistan military officer admitted to "martyrdom" of more than 200 militants during Indian strike on Balakot, a Gilgit activist, based in the USA, tweeted on Wednesday.
The activity of the Pakistan Air Force jets on the Pakistani side was reported near the Poonch sector in J&K.
Both India and Pakistan have equipped their militaries with nuclear weapons since they last went to war in 1971, raising fears that a future conflict could escalate into a nuclear exchange.
A Pakistan Army official told Hindustantimes: "We have confirmed reports that PAF's F-16 acquired from both USA and Jordan are on high alert all along India-Pakistan border-from Hyderabad in Sindh to Skardu in Northern Areas".
- Eight dead after school building collapses in Nigeria
- Solskjaer rejects Neville's De Gea Man Utd contract claims
- LeBron James expects postseason with Lakers in future
- MPs rule Britain can't quit European Union unless a deal agreed with Brussels
- MPs Vote Against A No-Deal Brexit Under "Any Circumstance"
- White House tries to avert Senate defeat on border emergency
- Tiger Woods Works With Putting Coach At Players
- Paul Manafort returns to court for another sentencing
- Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer cruise as Novak Djokovic departs
- Snow, wind to continue pummeling Denver metro area through Wednesday evening