Sure, he's not as good as Tate right now, but he still has upside. And the high-volume pass-catcher is now a member of Big Blue after inking a deal with the New York Giants.
The Giants made a surprising move on Thursday, when they announced the signing of free-agent wide receiver Golden Tate.
While Tate will have his work cut out for him in NY, the team realistically had no choice but to nab the last remaining free agent wide receiver that could give them any kind of chance on offense going forward.
"My years are limited", Tate said at the time. After trading away Beckham, it certainly looked like the Giants wanted to rebuild.
While the Patriots would seem like the more logical destination for a veteran wide receiver like Tate, the Steelers have kept themselves in play for the 30 year old. "I need to go somewhere where they believe they can win now".
Golden Tate of the Detroit Lions makes a catch over Jonathan Jones of the New England Patriots during the first quarter at Ford Field. This seems like a unusual move for a team that's supposedly in rebuild-mode, and though I don't love the fit, I do love the player.
- Heartbroken New Zealanders mourn victims lost to Christchurch mass shooting
- Chiefs release erstwhile star Berry as free agency begins | AP sports
- May counts on European Union for Brexit delay, World News & Top Stories
- Manchester United boss Solskjaer rejects Neville's remarks on priorities
- Tyreek Hill Being Investigated for Alleged Battery
- Ivanka Trump insisted her dad was 'not a racist,' new book says
- Aubameyang double caps Arsenal comeback to reach Europa League quarters
- How to get Android 10 Q beta on your phone right now
- Amazon Fire TV finally gets Apple Music streaming
- Pompeo 'hopeful' North Korea talks can continue