Virgil van Dijk delivered another valuable goal to put the Reds 2-1 up on the night, and then Mane made sure they would join English counterparts Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United and Manchester City in Friday's quarter final draw.
"It says a lot about the squad we have got", the former Leeds man said.
"There are some places in the world where whichever team would struggle".
"It is not about playing free-flowing football because that is not possible against a side of this quality, you have to find different ways and we found them". We found that and that makes me feel really proud and happy.
Liverpool are now going toe to toe with Manchester City for the Premier League title, while Klopp is under contract at Anfield until 2022. With four English clubs reaching the quarterfinals for the first time since the 2008-09 season, we may be on the cusp of a new period of European domination by the richest league in the world.
He said: "I see it like all the boys see it in dressing room and everybody who sees it with us, it is a big night". It is always a bad sign when you have to change early, you don't want that in the middle of the park. There are obviously a lot of good teams left, but we've got good feelings, obviously, from previous year and those experiences.
"We knew that it would be a very tough game, but I think in both games we were playing too defensive", the Poland global told Viasport.
Only twice since 2010 has a team without Ronaldo or Messi won the Champions League - Chelsea in 2012 and Bayern Munich in 2013 - and it will take a great team, or an outstanding player, to prevent one of them from claiming another winners' medal this season.
The centre-back became the first Liverpool player to both score and assist in an away Champions League knockout match since Craig Bellamy against FC Barcelona in February 2007. It doesn't bring back better results from the time when we lost.
Secondly there is no joy in the other English teams being there. "It's just a good moment for Liverpool and let's enjoy that".
- Jose Canseco’s ex-wife: A-Rod cheating claims are false
- North Koreans Just Voted-but Not for Kim Jong Un
- New York Mafia chieftain gunned down in front of mansion
- No military solution to Pak-India issues: Germany
- 'King Leo' - Fans react to Lionel Messi's heroic performance
- Apple sets March 25 event, hints at streaming
- Lori Loughlin released on $1 million bond in college admissions bribery scandal
- New Yakuza spin-off yanked from shelves over actor’s arrest
- QUIZ: Season-opening Formula 1 Grand Prix winners
- Nick Jonas just bought Priyanka Chopra the most OUTRAGEOUS gift