Former Love Island star and professional footballer Mike Thalassitis has died aged just 26, his management has confirmed. His grandmother, whom Thalassitis was living with full-time to take care of, also died recently. My heart and soul and love goes out to his friends & family.
A spokesman for ITV, which produces Love Island, said: "Everyone at ITV2 and Love Island are shocked and saddened by this bad news".
Chris Hughes, who famously branded the star "muggy" after re-coupling with Olivia has since urged people to drop the label from his name.
Steven Watt, who was Mike's manager when he played for Margate, tweeted "Absolutely gutted, RIP mate".
Mike went on to couple up with Tyla Carr, but was voted off the show after another five-day stint. "You'll be missed so much you have no idea".
Chris Hughes wrote: "Every inch of my heart goes out to his family & friends".
Fellow Love Island star Ellie O'Donnell took to Twitter to say she was heartbroken, first writing "This isn't real...this is a nightmare and I need to wake up". This is horrendous. I'm in shock. I send my love and condolences to all of his friends and family at this very bad time.
"Wow feel bad for the argument I had with that lad! RIP Mike", Eden Blackman of Celebs Go Dating wrote. Glad we made peace, Just goes too show u should be kind too everyone because you never know what's around the corner! Mike Thalassitis your lovely self and smile will be truly missed.
Kady McDermott, from Love Island series 2, posted: "In absolute shock".
Football club Stevenage, where he started his career, said in a Tweet that they were shocked to hear the tragic news, sending condolences to his family and friends.
Another added: "Love island is cancelled this year".
- Weapons used in Christchurch, NZ attack appear to have been modified: Ardern
- Ivanka Trump insisted her dad was 'not a racist,' new book says
- Gambino Crime Boss Francesco "Frank" Cali Shot Dead In New York
- Heartbroken New Zealanders mourn victims lost to Christchurch mass shooting
- Christchurch shooting: Terrorist Brenton Tarrant produced before court, charged with murder
- Aubameyang double caps Arsenal comeback to reach Europa League quarters
- New Zealand prime minister says shooting suspect was a licensed gun owner
- Amazon Fire TV finally gets Apple Music streaming
- Facebook says Chief Product Officer Chris Cox is leaving | Tech
- New Zealand Mosque Killings Spark Global Horror