Lori Loughlin surrendered to the FBI Wednesday morning, following federal charges against her, her designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, actress Felicity Huffman and dozens of others for allegedly participating in an elaborate scheme to get their children admitted into highly selective colleges.
Since Loughlin and her husband are charged with paying the University of Southern California $500,000 so they'd flag their daughters as recruits for the school crew team, some online news followers are complaining that this is ruining their memories of Rebecca Donaldson Katsopolis - aka Aunt Beck.
"At the end of the day, we are talking about parents who tried to help their children", Leonard said, "and crossed the line in doing so".
Jimmy Kimmel predicted Loughlin "could be the "Becky with the good hair" that Beyoncé warned us about" on her Lemonade album. Maybe the fast track isn't it. "You're right", says Uncle Jesse.
"I mean, I expected this from a desperate housewife, but you?" the host added, referencing Huffman, who was on the series "Desperate Housewives". Jesse lies about the twins' academic abilities to try to get them in.
"It looks like Aunt Becky could be going from Full House to the big house", he said.
The parents were among 50 people, including Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman, charged with allegedly being involved in a bribery scam that allowed wealthy students who otherwise may not have been accepted, to attend Ivy League and prestigious colleges and universities.
Many social media users pointed out the parallels (and differences) between Loughlin's real-life situation and on-screen life lesson.
Life imitates art if you have the life of Lori Loughin and took part in the artistry that was "Full House". She was taken into custody earlier today when she returned from Canada.
Jesse "embellishes" both the twins' and his own credentials, a scam that's undone when Becky admits the scheme to the preschool's admissions officer.
"Okay but remember when aunt becky and uncle jesse lied to get nicky and alex into that fancy preschool??? history repeats itself [shake my head]", someone else wrote.
- Mets reassign Tebow to minor league camp
- Captain Marvel will not release in Pakistan
- Real Madrid sign €50m Eder Militao from Porto on six-year contract
- Facebook reportedly under criminal investigation for secret data-sharing deals
- Google announces Android Q: New features revealed in beta version
- Pixelbook begone? Google reportedly reduces in-house computer production
- ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett pleads not guilty
- Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool are back where we belong
- Markets Right Now: Stocks open higher; Boeing falls again
- World Wide Web marks 30 years