Sunday will be stormy with breezy winds from the south at 10 to 15 miles per hour with gusts near 25 miles per hour. "There are a few tornado warnings and heavy thunderstorm warnings", Oravec said.
Severe weather that moved across the southern US on Saturday left at least eight people dead, injured dozens of others and ravaged numerous homes in its path. No injuries have been reported, but officials said several businesses and vehicles were damaged.
Another shop and the Monroe County Morgue were destroyed.
After arriving at the scene, police were able to determine "that two children age 8 and 3 were trapped in the back seat of the auto under the tree".
In Monroe County, Mississippi, a 95-year-old man identified as Roy Ratliff, died after a tree fell on his mobile home. Nineteen residents were taken to hospitals, including two in critical condition.
Winds may blow limbs, trees and power lines.
Downed trees and damage to buildings and a transmission tower were reported, said meteorologist Monique Sellers.
The storm surge has been made up of a mix of strong winds, heavy rain, flooding and even tornadoes.
The Storm Prediction Center has issued an enhanced risk (level 3 out of 5) stretching from eastern Alabama through the southern Appalachians and into the Ohio Valley. Homes were damaged about 250 miles (402 kilometers) to the north in Glencoe, and there's scattered damage south of Birmingham.
Both Franklin and a neighboring town lost electricity as a result of the storm, leaving 3,088 customers without power on Sunday, reported CNN.
Authorities say at least 11 tornadoes touched down in three states before the storm began moving towards the East Coast. A tornado was reported in the area at the time. Trees were pulled up by the roots, roofs torn off buildings and the cinder block foundation was all that was left of a mobile home in the town, which is southeast of Waco. Cherokee County Judge Chris Davis said the fatality that was reported was of a woman who died of her critical injuries.
- How to watch Game of Thrones season 8 on Netflix
- McConnell mum on Cain for Fed
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp working again after outages
- Jacob Rees-Mogg Says Family Remains Unified Despite Sister Joining Brexit Party
- Leafs' Kadri to have in-person hearing for Game 2 cross-check
- Los Angeles Lakers Part Ways With Walton
- London police open fire after vehicle rams Ukrainian ambassador’s auto
- Ontario Budget 2019 to allow purchase of gambling tickets on smartphones
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gets a poster and trailer
- Trump says he will award Tiger Woods the Presidential Medal of Freedom