Whether Google likes it or not, Microsoft's Office is the most popular and widely used productivity suite. Now, Google has announced that you can edit Microsoft Office files directly in Google's suite of apps, without converting them or messing up your formatting.
While opening and viewing Office files has always been easy in Docs, editing them has been a frustrating experience.
With Office editing, you can now edit, comment, and collaborate on Microsoft Office files using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
In terms of supported file types, Google Docs will support.doc, .docx, and.dot files in Word, .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm and.xlt files in Excel and.ppt, .pptx, .pps and.pot files in PowerPoint.
Dropbox is deepening its integration with Google launching a new feature enabling business customers to work with Google docs, Sheets, and Slides all without ever leaving Dropbox.
Google initially announced the feature would only be available to commercial users running its G Suite platform.
Google also added cloud telephony to G Suite with "Voice", giving users a phone number that works from anywhere on any device.
While Google Docs users were previously relegated to installing a plugin or converting Office files to edit them without limitations, users can now simply open Office files and edit them without any restrictions.
- Tiger looms large, even on star-filled Masters leaderboard
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Won't Pose After Baby's Birth
- Theresa May told to resign after accepting another Brexit delay
- Barr returns to Capitol Hill, where he'll face more Mueller questions
- Liverpool's Klopp condemns 'disgusting' Salah abuse ahead of Chelsea clash
- Marcos Rojo Starts - Manchester United Team vs West Ham Confirmed
- John Pilger: Julian Assange's arrest an ASSAULT ON JOURNALISM! (E737)
- Anthony Crolla ‘fine’ after brutal defeat against Vasyl Lomachenko
- Dem Chair Gives IRS New Deadline For Trump's Taxes, Dismisses Legal Concerns
- JUST IN: Sudan military bows to pressure, steps down