Midfielder Matic was also injured but seem to have recovered enough before his inclusion.
The 30-year-old Chilean forward, who scored 47 goals in 141 appearances for Barcelona from 2011-14, has been absent for six weeks due to a knee injury.
"We're in the business end, playing games Manchester United are used to playing".
"We had (Barcelona) flustered at times here as well. We know we've done it before, but all the focus has to be on how we're going to do it again because they're a strong team".
Matteo Darmian has also been included in the 22-man squad after injury but Ander Herrera and Eric Bailly are out.
United head to the Nou Camp looking to overturn a 1-0 deficit, with Rashford hoping to repeat his heroics when scoring a last-minute penalty to send Paris Saint-Germain packing in the last 16.
Marcus Rashford tried restoring parity for the Red Devils nearly immediately after conceding their first goal but his efforts was intercepted by the visitors defenders.
Now Sanchez is a mere spectator even to a United side that has scored just once in five Champions League home games this season and failed to manage a single shot on target in the first leg against Barca.
"That memory of PSG will help the players, "Solskjaer told reporters in his press conference on Monday". We know we need to perform better and play ourselves. "We can defend well, we are a fit team and I don't mind if it goes to the 93rd minute".
Sanchez is unlikely to start against his former club could be named on the bench.
Luke Shaw has travelled with his team-mates despite the full-back being suspended for the Nou Camp clash after being cautioned against the LaLiga champions last week.
Solskjaer added: "Fitness wise he's available and of course, for Alexis who's been here and played here, when he's on the pitch he wants to prove a point for us as well".
Similarly United's chance of winning the Champions League this season has reduced to around 1%.
- Trump says he will award Tiger Woods the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- In record shale deal, Chevron acquires Anadarko for $33B
- The Leaked Photo That Got Julian Assange Kicked Out Of The Embassy
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah explains goal celebration against Chelsea
- Justice Department to make Mueller report public Thursday
- Oil markets tightening due to USA sanctions: IEA
- Massive Fire Breaks Out at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Winx Closes Out Storied Career With 33rd Consecutive Victory
- Ocasio-Cortez quits Facebook, calling social media a 'public health risk'
- How to watch Game of Thrones season 8 on Netflix