Players paid their respects, with manager Jurgen Klopp and his first-team squad visiting the permanent memorial at Anfield.
The Reds now have 85 points, five short of their previous league best of 90 from 40 matches in the 1987-88 campaign in which they were champions.
Raheem Sterling scored twice and substitute Gabriel Jesus once to keep the pressure on Liverpool, but City face Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United in their next two League games. Four games to play.
"Good, let's try. Let's try that".
"And if that's enough, then ideal".
"Very smart people will come out and say "Yeah, if you would have won against Leicester you would be champions".
"We see it game by game".
They travel to Porto on Wednesday for the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final already 2-0 up in the tie.
Senegalese striker Demba Ba, who profited from the Englishman's mistake by scoring the opening goal in Chelsea's 2-0 victory over Liverpool, has now insisted that he did not feel sorry for Gerrard as he was only doing his job.
As Chelsea struggled to get a foothold in the game after Mane's opener, moments later Mohamed Salah's wonder strike buried all hope of a comeback for Maurizio Sarri's side. "This one I decided as it was far out I just to go with power and it was a bit lucky the ball hit the net like that", he told Sky Sports.
"It immediately reminded me of the 4-3 against Borussia Dortmund, only Hendo [Jordan Henderson] instead of Millie [James Milner] and Sadio instead of Dejan [Lovren], but a similar situation with this wonderful cross in that area and really good team play".
"The incident was reported to us at 5.40pm, shortly after LFC scored their first goal, that a flare was thrown from the upper section of the Anfield Stand", said a Merseyside Police statement.
"We had two or three opportunities to score after the second goal with Eden and Higuain".
- Oil markets tightening due to USA sanctions: IEA
- Ontario Budget 2019 to allow purchase of gambling tickets on smartphones
- Trump says he will award Tiger Woods the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Curry’s 38 points lead Warriors to Game 1 win over Clippers
- Ocasio-Cortez quits Facebook, calling social media a 'public health risk'
- The Leaked Photo That Got Julian Assange Kicked Out Of The Embassy
- Justice Department to make Mueller report public Thursday
- Cricketer guilty of raping sleeping woman
- Family horrified after 'monster' throws boy from shopping centre balcony
- Elon Musk Tweets Out Another Tesla Forecast in Midst of SEC Talks