"According to multiple sources who are familiar with the company's plans, Microsoft is now working on a pair of earbuds under the code name of Morrison", wrote Sams. If you skipped the Surface Headphones, would you be more interested in wireless Surface Buds from Microsoft?
In contrast, according to Bloomberg, Apple is reportedly developing its own pair of over-the-ear headphones with Apple branding as opposed to Beats, expected to launch this year. At launch, they might be called Surface Buds, but there's no confirmation of that name.
It is not known at the moment whether the earbuds are still in development or has already entered production.
In addition to the Surface Headphones, which were officially launched past year, the software giant is now working on its very own earbuds that would technically be positioned as an alternative to Apple's AirPods and other similar devices already on the market. Samsung revealed the Galaxy Buds back in February, and they are functionally quite similar to the AirPods (though the Buds come in a smaller, more elegant form factor). While Cortana voice control seems like a possibility, Microsoft no longer sees its virtual assistant as a direct competitor to Amazon's Alexa or Google Assistant. The latest report also suggests that Microsoft is looking to expand its audio products range in two major categories of headphones - in-ear and over-ear.
- Trump Visits Business Owned by Rochester Man
- READ: Bernie Sanders' Full 10 Years of Tax Returns
- Sudan's military council dismisses top three public prosecutors
- Facebook Messenger introduces 'Dark Mode' for users globally
- Kadri suspended for remainder of 1st round for cross-check on DeBrusk
- EU Chief Negotiator Fears Brexit Will "Poison" EU Elections
- Patriots add Demaryius Thomas to thin receiving corps
- Microsoft releases its first free-to-play Forza game, Forza Street
- Biggest OnePlus 7 reveal could happen on April 17, CEO teases
- Actress Georgia Engel dies at 70