In Rafa Benitez's pre-match press conference, he expressed that he believes it will be a very challenging match for the Magpies.
And Perez believes the result was the most important yet this season given that it has nearly certainly ensured another season of Premier League football on Tyneside. Benitez's contract expires at the end of the season.
Benitez said, "I will say that he is doing well for us because he is scoring goals, but also his contribution for us in the way that he is plays is quite good, quite positive".
"There are lots of things for us to work on and analyse and we will be better for it".
"We're not safe yet". We did very well. We have to be careful. It's a rather new twist on Arsène Wenger's old "fourth place is like a trophy" mantra, and to be honest the fact it's had to be confected says a lot about the state of the Premier League at the moment - but it should mean a place in the Europa League qualifying rounds so, well, why not go for it? As a diehard QPR fan from India, it pains me to recall how we were a fair match for Wolves last season, beating them at Loftus Road.
Salomon Rondon nearly put the visitors ahead when he hit the bar with a free-kick from 30 metres but they did not have to wait long for Perez to strike and they held on for the win.
Leicester were chasing a fifth straight win and their best run for two years but never broke down the well-organised Magpies.
His strike partner Salomon Rondon had earlier hit the bar with a curling free-kick while Jamie Vardy spurned Leicester's best chance in the 80th minute when he scooped over from an excellent position in the box.
Ayoze Perez's 32nd minute header settled the tie at the King Power Stadium to move Newcastle onto 38 points, 10 points clear of Cardiff City in the drop zone. They have been brilliant since we came in and this has been the first real disappointment for them.
"I missed one game through suspension and then obviously the birth of my daughter, but it's good watching them do really well", he said on Wednesday afternoon, speaking at the Club's Belvoir Drive training ground.
- Khloe Kardashian Admits She's "Having Anxiety" About True's First Birthday
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah explains goal celebration against Chelsea
- Spurs stun Nuggets in Game 1, take series lead
- Trump says Boeing should fix, then re-brand Max jets
- Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 Teaser Forecasts An Epic Battle
- 76ers fine Amir Johnson for looking at phone on bench
- Winx Closes Out Storied Career With 33rd Consecutive Victory
- Child Possibly Thrown or Pushed from Balcony at MOA, Suspect in Custody
- How Ernesto Valverde's men could line up against Manchester United
- Messi's clash with Smalling like being 'hit by a truck' - Valverde