Thomas split the 2018 campaign between the Broncos and the Texans, with Denver trading him to Houston midway through the season. The Patriots enter the 2019 National Football League season without star tight end Rob Gronkowski - meaning more targets for the wide receivers.
During his brief stint in Houston, he caught 23 passes for 275 yards and two touchdowns.
The Patriots will once again enter a new National Football League season as the defending Super Bowl champs, coming off their 13-3 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LIII.
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Thomas' deal is for one-year, $6 million.
The club could have brought back Chris Hogan, who was an unrestricted free agent, but wasn't aggressive in doing so. The former No. 22 overall pick was a four-time Pro Bowler with the Broncos and tallied 665 receptions and 62 touchdowns.
"It's going to be a great challenge, but I think I'm ready for it", Brady says in the call.
Thomas was arrested February 27 and charged with vehicular assault (a felony), reckless driving and driving without proof of insurance in connection with an accident that occurred February 16 in downtown Denver.
Thomas recently pleaded guilty to a careless driving charge in connection to a February vehicle crash, according to the Houston Chronicle. He was fined $300, ordered to complete 50 hours of community service and received one year of supervised probation.
Thomas, 31, is a veteran of nine National Football League seasons with the Denver Broncos (2010-18) and the Houston Texans (2018).
- Google to launch all-new Pixel 3 successor next month
- Microsoft might make "Surface Buds" as an AirPods alternative
- Trump Visits Business Owned by Rochester Man
- Fiji stay alive in Singapore Sevens after Scotland stumble
- Microsoft releases its first free-to-play Forza game, Forza Street
- Scientists Reveal World's 'First' 3D Print of Heart With Human Tissue
- 'Netanyahu is a Trump-like figure,' Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says,
- READ: Bernie Sanders' Full 10 Years of Tax Returns
- Four injured in Melbourne nightclub shooting
- At least two killed in plane crash in Nepal