Today ILMxLAB revealed a new trailer and major casting news for its upcoming virtual reality adventure Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series - Episode I. You'll get to explore the base and you'll eventually find a lightsaber with which to do battle.
I'm not expecting a mind-blowing VR experience, but it looks neat enough, and given where Star Wars is at right now in gaming, that feels significant.
The storyline of Vader Immortal - Episode I runs about 45-60 minutes long, its creators said, depending on how a given audience member decides to tackle its many challenges. It's flawless for VR. During our panel on the Celebration Stage, however, writer and executive producer David S. Goyer revealed that none other than actress and comedian Maya Rudolph (The Good Place, Bridesmaids) stars in the experience, playing a quick-witted droid co-pilot named ZOE3 that audiences will interact with throughout their journey.
Scott Lawrence, who has voiced Darth Vader in the classic video games like Star Wars: Rebel Assault II and Star Wars: Dark Forces (just to name a couple), will be reprising the role for Vader Immortal. The first episode will be available this spring for the Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift. You're the lead character. "Maya truly was the first person we thought of, right from the very beginning, and her contributions and sense of humor have guided ZOE3 every step of the way". The story is set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and turns the player into a smuggler working near Mustafar, Darth Vader's home sweet home. The upcoming all-in-one VR headset features six degrees of freedom and Touch controllers, and does not require a separate PC, wires, or any external sensors. Meanwhile, the unit's new Oculus Insight technology is able to track a user's position in real time through the use of four integrated ultra wide-angle sensors and computer vision algorithms.
The game will be released later this year on the Oculus Quest headset and Oculus Rift. The Oculus Quest, which the game was originally tied to, was announced for a spring 2019 release.
- Allegri: Juventus Didn't Do Enough To Beat Ajax
- Mo Salah Rocket Gives Liverpool Upperhand Against Chelsea
- LeBron, Carmelo, Chris Paul courtside for Wade’s last game
- Israel Folau prepared to exit rugby without legal fight
- Favreau gives 'Star Wars' fans 1st look at 'The Mandalorian'
- Red-hot Magic set to face Raptors in Round 1 of National Basketball Association playoffs
- Ex-Obama WH counsel charged with lying in lobbying probe
- WH: Sending Migrants to 'Sanctuary Cities' Not Top Choice
- Severe storms expected late Saturday night and Sunday morning
- Unlucky 13th: Johnson accidentally hits ball off tee on practice swing